How to fix this?

Tommy

What a long strange trip its been.....

I recommend the calf skin treatment. No No

Did it come apart from too much weight????  Oh just say yes,please and lets see what happens.

You can probably fix that with some pliers and a set of 30-weight ball bearings.

Come on guys, its all ball bearings these days,

Now prepare that Fetzer with 3 in 1 oil and some gauze pads.

And I'll need some anti-freeze - Prestone, no no, make that Quaker State.

• Like 2

Oops!

Thought I had it attached!

Here it is!

Thanks and apology!

Pics or it did not happen

He's down under there might not be any

I'm just amazed the picture was posted right side up. If anyone should be having problems posting pictures right side up, it should be the guy from down under, not you guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Oops!

Thought I had it attached!

Here it is!

Thanks and apology!

I think that stuff is "windlace"?  I just bought some from Aircraft Spruce for my door:   http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/windlacedoorwelt.php

They only have black- luckily the color of what I have now, vintage '68 and turning to dust in an otherwise fairly recent interior. I'm sure other options must exist somewhere.

Will give it a shot putting it in this weekend, suspect will be either easy or a giant cluster...

Take out a bunch of tiny screws, and don't drop any. Put them someplace safe, away from the plane. Peel off old, decaying material. Using the thinner of your choice (MEK works well, just don't breathe the fumes), scrub it down to bare aluminum. Put on new stuff, replace trim, put in many tiny screws (don't drop only! Do the next day if you use MEK, you'll be high and clumsy . . . . ).

Mine is off white, replaced last fall. Looks great! Sorry, no pictures . . .

Oh crap Tommy!! Looks like yours are riveted in!! All those little -3 pop rivers around the jam will need to be drilled out. I'd go back in with PK screws and tinnermen clips.

I grabbed some leather and rope and made my own. Usually a 3/8" to 1/2" piece of foam or rope will work for the inner material, then wrap it with the leather or fabric. Finally stitching one seam close to the edge of the rope. Leave about 1.5" past the edge to fasten it to the aircraft.

Lots of patients with the screws and tinnermens going back together.

Where are you at? I have a friend down in TAZ that flies out of Davenport I believe.

-Matt

• Like 1