Unofficial 2016 Sun N Fun Thread

Marauder

I had to tell my passengers that SnF is out for us this year. (Nancy is likely to need me as she deals with her mother's care needs so...) 

But... I still have hopes and plans to be in WI during the last week of July!

Sorry to hear that Bob. Hope all goes well with the mother-in-law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Right now, it looks like I'll be heading into Bartow (KBOW) on Saturday the 2nd and leaving Thursday before everything gets jam packed. In speaking with the nice folks at KBOW yesterday, they said parking for SnF attendees is FREE and their 100 LL is currently $2.95 SelfServe. So look about 13 nm ESE of KLAL to find KBOW. As a certifiable CB, I will be glad to buy fuel from them and give a PIREP on their service, although  from everything I see, it appears to be exceptional.

• Like 3

Right now, it looks like I'll be heading into Bartow (KBOW) on Saturday the 2nd and leaving Thursday before everything gets jam packed. In speaking with the nice folks at KBOW yesterday, they said parking for SnF attendees is FREE and their 100 LL is currently $2.95 SelfServe. So look about 13 nm ESE of KLAL to find KBOW. As a certifiable CB, I will be glad to buy fuel from them and give a PIREP on their service, although  from everything I see, it appears to be exceptional.

Been there often. Very nice folks and excellent facilities. Close and convenient to Lakeland. City operated FBO. My sister-in-law is based out of there and my wife and I fly in often.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update since Sun N Fun is less than a week away. Event tickets purchased, hotel reservations confirmed and logistics for our flight down finalized. Jerry and I will be flying down on Tuesday and staying until Friday morning. 

Drop a note here if you plan on being there. We can use the forum to try to find a time to meet up.

Also -- if you are not planning on attending but want me to check out something at the show, let me know. 

Currently planning on heading down this coming Saturday, back Thursday morning and parking at KBOW. Fortunate to have wife's friend and husband living between Bartow and Lakeland with a spare bedroom and car.

Looking forward to putting faces to names.

3 hours ago, Oldguy said:

Currently planning on heading down this coming Saturday, back Thursday morning and parking at KBOW. Fortunate to have wife's friend and husband living between Bartow and Lakeland with a spare bedroom and car.

Looking forward to putting faces to names.

We'll be at Bartow as well. I will be the handsome guy surrounded by wholesome looking women. Having them trucked in just for the event.

29 minutes ago, Marauder said:

We'll be at Bartow as well. I will be the handsome guy surrounded by wholesome looking women. Having them trucked in just for the event.

Let me know if you need a truck. I think we have a couple of spare CAT 793's available. They'll each carry about 250 tonnes or so....

• Like 1

There is an all you can eat buffet just west of Lakeland in Plant city the girls might enjoy Chris.

I make it a point only to frequent an eatery that has a fence around it. Once they stampede it can take hours to round them up.

You crack me up!!

I'll be there Thursday through Saturday.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

I should be there all week, most likely skipping Sunday. I have committed to do some vol. work for Silverwings, stop by their Cabin and hunt me down.

Mike, I will look for you at Silverwings on Thursday.

21 hours ago, Marauder said: I make it a point only to frequent an eatery that has a fence around it. Once they stampede it can take hours to round them up.

Head 'em up, move 'em out!

Have Ovation, will travel. 

LOL! I'm never going to live it down that it takes an Ovation to move the herd!

I'm finally going to mount my iPad mini on the control colum.  Let me know what vendors have sales as I won't be there in person but may be able to get a sale price to match by phone.

I have only seen and used fellow Ram Mounts in person. 

-Seth

I'm finally going to mount my iPad mini on the control colum.  Let me know what vendors have sales as I won't be there in person but may be able to get a sale price to match by phone.

I have only seen and used fellow Ram Mounts in person. 

-Seth

Seth -- any particular products you are interested in?

13 hours ago, Marauder said:

Seth -- any particular products you are interested in?

I'll have do the research online to get the specific model numbers, but whatever is used to connect an iPad Mini 2 to the yoke (meaning the control shaft behind the yoke!

I know a company did a 25% off all Ram Mounts and accessories during the holiday season and I should have pounced on it then.

-Seth

13 hours ago, Marauder said: Seth -- any particular products you are interested in?

I'll have do the research online to get the specific model numbers, but whatever is used to connect an iPad Mini 2 to the yoke (meaning the control shaft behind the yoke!

I know a company did a 25% off all Ram Mounts and accessories during the holiday season and I should have pounced on it then.

-Seth

Not sure mygoflight will be there but I plan on checking them out. If you find something of particular interest, let me know.

• Like 1

Seth this is the RAM mount setup that I have for my mini-2 ipad and it works fantastically on a M20J yoke.  Best part is easy on easy off.

Copy of my amazon order below...  note below the the EZ-ROLL'R model number (RAM-HOL-AP8U) listed in the order was for my standard size ipad 2.

For the mini-2 you will want this RAM mount (RAM-HOL-AP14U) if you decide to go that way.

http://www.amazon.com/Ram-Mount-EZ-ROLLR-Specific-RAMHOLAP14U/dp/B00B7OE4DW

I also stuck a suction cup 1 inch ball, have another adapter arm, and use an x-grip for a iphone.  I connect both to the stratus and keep one with textual information like metars, checklist and the mini I use for moving map.  That was, of course, until the little one realized that a copy of Frozen (2013 (c) the Walt Disney Company, all rights reserved), resided on my iphone.    

-Brad

Capture2.PNG

• Like 1