Acclaim Ultra M20V

Seth

http://www.mooney.com/en/AcclaimUltra.html

M20V

This is the big news that was coming.

We have the other thread, but I figured at 10 pages it was time to make a new one just to discuss the Acclaim Ultra.

-2 Doors

-4 inch longer doors

-Composite shell around the cockpit

-Steel cage still in place

-Newly designed interior including all new switch placements.

-M20U will be the Ovation Ultra with similar updates.

What else?  Who has flown one?

-Seth

Edited by Seth
  • Like 1

Will only comment that the New-Mooney Team can be very proud of the energy invested.. and mostly the speed at witch this advanced design was accomplished.

IMO Mooney retained the best qualities of an extremely fine airplane and made intelligent improvements .

I will neither confirm or deny that I touched it or saw it.. But when "YOU DO" you will be proud you fly Mooney.

• Like 1

As a longtime Acclaim owner, my thoughts are these:

Pilot side door, longer doors: YES!

FMS Keypad: YES!

Backup instruments between PFD and MFD: YES!

Electronic backup instruments: YES!

Cupholders: Have these in the TN; they're very shallow and marginally useful. These are less so being located under the center console.

I'm also glad they finally flattened the glare shield. The Acclaim has the legacy bump over the old annunciator panels that isn't necessary.

I have the 310hp upgrade on mine. IT ROCKS. I'm disappointed the V doesn't have it. Mooney owns the STC so there's no excuse.

The new window line is reminiscent of the C... nice nod to the past.

• Like 2

And now we have the answer to the next line of rocker switches: Carlingtech Contura V. Of course we started with Klixon 20TC, then the E-T-A 41-10-P10, now these. Of course the V is not a switch-breaker, so they had to put in circuit protection in differently.

32 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

About the only instrument in common with my vintage Mooney is the whisky compass.

No - no - you have the same gear up/gear down switch, don't you?  I know I do - although mine is not as clean white.

And I bet we can all afford to buy cup holders from the autozone.

37 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

No - no - you have the same gear up/gear down switch, don't you?  I know I do - although mine is not as clean white.

And I bet we can all afford to buy cup holders from the autozone.

Actually, the throw of my gear up/down switch is quite a bit larger.

Gear Bar boot from Aero Comfort.jpg

• Like 2

Nothing in my Mooney is White. Parked beside one with the modern "swoosh" paint scheme with a bright white base layer, the off-whiteness of mine is obvious. And no, it's not faded, miscolored or UV damaged, it's just the base color applied two owners ago. I painted the interior with SEM Almond. Even the powder coated yokes aren't bright white.

1 hour ago, 201er said:

They had to add a second door in order to accommodate the cup holders in the center blocking the way to the usual door.

The second door is there so the cashier can hear you make your order at the drive through when you order an egg mcmuffin.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marauder said:

I'm just disappointed they didn't add a cargo door. How am I going to load the snacks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So what's the rectangular opening aft of the right-side cargo door? Is that for battery access to eliminate charlie weights? It's too big to be an inspection panel, almost almost the size of the ELT access panel further forward on the pilot's side. It even appears to overlap the same way . . .