Quadrant style throttle/mixture control

takair

I am trying to expand the Auto-Lean STC to work with "quadrant" style mixture control.  Was wondering if there was anybody near Connecticut, with a quadrant style Mooney, who would let me take a closer look at the configuration.  Wouldn't take more than a few minutes.  If anybody had photos with the plastic cover removed, that would be helpful too.  Thanks for any help.  Feel free to PM me if you don't feel like replying in public.

Rob

10 minutes ago, eman1200 said:

Why do they call it a QUADrant if there's only 3 controls? :). I'm sure there's a legit reason but I always thought that was kinda funny.

Good question.

Perhaps because the controls move through (roughly) a quarter circle?

2 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

Curious, there must be an adjustable friction lock on the mixture. I suppose the vernier setup on push/pull controls makes for easier fine tuning?

The big black knob in the right of my quadrant is a friction lock for all three controls. It will tighten or loosen all of them. The flap switch is easy to reach with a finger and raise flaps on rollout while holding the throttle to idle.  :rolleyes:  Note my original colors, ain't no "blue knob" in 1970!

as for how many versions, there should be at least one version per model. Mine's a C, Marauder's is an F.

Edited by Hank
  • Like 1

My 69F is the same as Hanks C.   I can fine tune it very accurately, I also have my hand on the throttle, prop and mixture at one time, and can raise the flaps on roll out without taking my hand off of the other engine controls.  I have had instructors comment on me retracting the flaps on roll out, when I show them that I do not move my hand, they are ok with it.

Ron

3 hours ago, Marauder said: If you count the flap control there are 4 controls there.

de05e7d977b783bcd64bf299bb1ef5de.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's too close for missiles Goose, I'm switching to guns  

What is the push button on Marauders throttle?  Guns?

Zoomed in for you:

f80bf5ba43cbe166977fa4bc9567e37a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yetti said:

I am thinking of getting the Phasers STC conversion for the guns

Bad news!

The company that has that STC was raided by ATF.  However, I understand it is still available at gun shows without a background check.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2