1965 Mooney M20E

Sensenich Propellors (KGVL) performed the (recently released) Hartzell Hub modification "fix" to remove the Eddy Current 100 hour inspection AD.

$1000.00

We did it about a year and a half ago while the prop was already off and in their shop for overhaul ... 

I think this is the shop Im getting my new top prop from and having it installed at another. I'm not sure my blades were real good and I'm sure the whole thing needs rebuilding anyway. The installing shop is giving me 1000 and installing for free. total cost is 7300. 

There are only 52 Saturdays in the year.  One of them will be donated to fly the plane to the prop shop and return.

$100 for the flight...

$100 for the test...

a simple bad weather day, it falls out your personal schedule...

10 Saturdays are taken by your son's soccer program.

another 10 are taken by your daughter's softball program.

if you only have one responsibility or a prop shop on your field, it is pretty easy...

if your plate is full and the prop shop is across the state, you make a change.

if you fly a lot, you might have to do this twice each year....

best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam
  • Like 1

I find it hard to believe that the eddy current inspections were that inexpensive or benign, since the vast majority of airframes I saw in my search had propellers replaced all at about the same time...

I posted that exact question on this site a little more than a year ago.  I don't remember anybody saying that their Mooney prop had failed the eddy current inspection, although some aerobatic and 300 hp applications did have some failures.

New propeller goes on Tuesday September 22, just have to fly 4 hours away. ahh shucks right ? Good excuse to get away for a day. Hartzell two blade top prop. I hope all goes well. Thanks for all the feed back !!

Edited by colacoke2
spelling

I find it hard to believe that the eddy current inspections were that inexpensive or benign, since the vast majority of airframes I saw in my search had propellers replaced all at about the same time...

Hartzell offered a limited time deal for half price on a replacement hub. I flew my M20D to Piqua and had the Hartzell factory service center do the overhaul. Others probably took advantage of the same deal. 

Hartzell offered a limited time deal for half price on a replacement hub. I flew my M20D to Piqua and had the Hartzell factory service center do the overhaul. Others probably took advantage of the same deal. 

I was one who took advantage of that deal. I think it was in the 2006 to 2009 time period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Prop is installed and plane back home. No more ad on the prop. Thanks again for all the input.

Looks sweet- thanks for sharing.  I'd be curious on your climb/cruise performance impressions before and after.  Mine came with this prop so I lack this perspective on it.