Florida wing repair

Looking for recommendations on a good shop for a wing repair in Southern Florida.  A client of mine had an airplane taxi into his J model today and will be needing a major repair or replacement.

Clarence

052C4595-0DEE-4125-9936-B64CC42E5466.jpeg

13 hours ago, M20Doc said:

Looking for recommendations on a good shop for a wing repair in Southern Florida.  A client of mine had an airplane taxi into his J model today and will be needing a major repair or replacement.

Clarence

Its not Florida but I saw more than one airplane in the shop in AirMods in NJ of comparable or worse that came out well fixed - the shop owner Dave is a magician with major repairs and Mooneys especially.

14 hours ago, M20Doc said:

Clarence

Tough luck, all repair facilities are empty as we all have covid here in FL.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bravoman said:

How does something like that happen? Was the pilot distracted ( or not paying attention) or somehow loose control?

Probably a Cirrus. Safety conscious pilot likely pulled the chute but it didn’t prevent the accident…though wife was relieved….

• Thanks 1

Pretty much has to be repaired where it is right?  I’m not sure that would get a ferry permit, much less anyone willing to try a new fly it....

(Edited to announce sarcasm in above....)

naples air center or Rexair, both are crazy busy right now so I don’t envy this guy.

probably best to try and get a new wing.

9 hours ago, Eight8Victor said:

Tough luck, all repair facilities are empty as we all have covid here in FL.

It must be a very strong variant, it’s lasted for weeks since the outbreak on the golf courses!

Clarence

Dang! 7 months ago I had a runaway 172 hit my plane. Did half that amount of damage to my wing. Hope he isn’t dealing with Old Republic adjusters, haven’t even started work on my plane because they haven’t authorized anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang! 7 months ago I had a runaway 172 hit my plane. Did half that amount of damage to my wing. Hope he isn’t dealing with Old Republic adjusters, haven’t even started work on my plane because they haven’t authorized anything yet.

Really! I guess that’s why they cheapest insurance?

Have you tried repeatedly calling them, I’d ask for a supervisor, that’s ridiculous.

6 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to here of your troubles,  I can’t believe that they haven’t dealt with your repairs after so long.  

I’m not sure how this one will be handled.  The plane is Canadian, so Canadian insurance, but who the adjuster will be is a guess.  This one was hit by another airplane while holding short for take off.  A friend of mine in Naples is going to look it over to see how bad it is.

Clarence

I spoke with the unfortunate owner this morning.  We can fix it, the problem is moving it.  De-mating the wing to and transporting it will add 20K to the repair cost.  I only trust one company to do that and they are as busy as can be, as are we.  

• Thanks 1