Party at Brett's!

What a great day it was!

Brett has selected the best....

- Family

- Friends

- Partners

- Weather and of course...

- Engines (IO550s)

If you didn't make it, you really need to try harder!

More friends, family, and pets than before (as I recall?)

Wrongway Fox lead the charge. It's only a half-hour away (the other way), the sun is going down, and they don't close the doors for another two hours...(Alan's last name just came to mind, I didn't have to look it up)

These are good reasons to visit the R&R Hall of Fame in Cleveland next to Burke Lakefront Airport. I personally touched a glass replica of the reverse-engraved signatures of my favorite rock band!

Yes, the 'signatures' are engraved on the back side of the glass. I touched a smooth surface. But I am writing as if I met the Rock stars in person!

I had a great time being there.

Funny thing, you can take the Mooney out of the hangar, but you can't take the Mooney out of the pilot!

They still LIKE speed and efficiency... Even if they fly those other B things...

Best regards,

-a-

What I enjoyed the most about yesterday was meeting and talking with Ramsey (his is the green and blue F model). He told me is 85 and flew from Pottstown to the event. Still an active pilot and truly is still living the dream. Hope I can follow his lead...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What I enjoyed the most about yesterday was meeting and talking with Ramsey (his is the green and blue F model). He told me is 85 and flew from Pottstown to the event. Still an active pilot and truly is still living the dream. Hope I can follow his lead...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He was truly an inspiration!  A lot of folks can't drive anymore at 85.  Ramsey is still out flying, navigating and working the ATC system like a pro.  Awesome!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Downloaded a few pictures...

Brett cleaning up Mike's drool inside his Baron

post-9886-0-58486100-1401722334_thumb.jp

Just like a bunch of Mooney owners. Sitting around talking about how to save a buck.

post-9886-0-43594500-1401722385_thumb.jp

Mike's date

post-9886-0-10961200-1401722439_thumb.jp

The flight line 

post-9886-0-99233900-1401722472_thumb.jp

The other Mike's beautiful J

post-9886-0-81494900-1401722506_thumb.jp

Ramsey's F with the IO-390

post-9886-0-17919700-1401722546_thumb.jp

Marauder's ride

post-9886-0-96371500-1401722596_thumb.jp

Lloyd's O3

post-9886-0-41266300-1401722902_thumb.jp

The DEA, FBI, ATF, heck even the parrot, checking out a suspicious guy who showed up to a Mooney event in a Bonanza. 

post-9886-0-07914800-1401722673_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Nope... (Quoted that Scott from Iowa)

You can see me in the picture looking over the IO550 installation.

I would expect you may lose some from the IO360 camp though.

Go long body!

Byron, that O3 would look good on you....

-a-

Anthony got rocked to sleep on the way out in the back seat...was a little turbulent .....  and was a joy on the way to BKL and the ride home....He doesn't say much , But I could tell he was rockin it when I put in the Bruce CD ...... I think he will be back behind the yoke before the end of the summer......Its was a little odd having an experienced pilot in the front seat , that was as quiet as a mouse....I always like having a pilot next to me to show me what I did wrong , or a better way......Since I know I'm not that good , Anthony you owe me a "debriefing" .......

• Like 1

Nope... (Quoted that Scott from Iowa)

You can see me in the picture looking over the IO550 installation.

I would expect you may lose some from the IO360 camp though.

Go long body!

Byron, that O3 would look good on you....

-a-

In about thirty years when I can afford one. By then it will need a new motor, paint, interior, and some speed mods. Fortunately I already know how to do all that ;)

• Like 2

B,

In that case, start with the O1 and build your way up... The Os are pretty developed aerodynamically. Really cool speed mods are already in place. Then you can add HP, rpm, and a nice prop! Then add a share of Byron-like magic on top of that. (that's what I'm thinking)

A,

We need a trip to the udvar hazy museum at Dulles... Perfect for extending the NJMooney museum tour?

Three things stand out about the trip, that I didn't mention...

(1) people in the back will sleep. Me at first, then our third guy Chris. Could be that V-tail signature thing???

(2) on landing. Adding slight yoke back pressure, generates additional/noticeable AOA. The plane noses up, slows down then lands.

(3) Alan uses verbal mediation as a tool to combat distraction. He smoothly announces each step before it physically occurs. Except that 'watch me pull the yoke back, you'll be surprised' maneuver.

Other observations...

If I were to change the AOA like that, my Mooney landing will occur at the far end of the field after a balloon recovery...

That was the first time I've sat in the back seat of a flying GA airplane??? (that I remember)

I got home. Everyone was asleep. RRHF Magnet applied to the refrigerator! I get to go again!

Next time, we take pictures!

Tomorrow, i'm back On the tug project. Got to get it rewired...diode installed...

Aviation is soooo motivational,

-a-

For the record...

I was talking up a storm! It's not my fault the headphones weren't plugged in...

I'll see a speech therapist (at work) on Friday, she'll vouch for me.

• Like 1

B,

In that case, start with the O1 and build your way up... The Os are pretty developed aerodynamically. Really cool speed mods are already in place. Then you can add HP, rpm, and a nice prop! Then add a share of Byron-like magic on top of that. (that's what I'm thinking)

A,

We need a trip to the udvar hazy museum at Dulles... Perfect for extending the NJMooney museum tour?

Three things stand out about the trip, that I didn't mention...

(1) people in the back will sleep. Me at first, then our third guy Chris. Could be that V-tail signature thing???

(2) on landing. Adding slight yoke back pressure, generates additional/noticeable AOA. The plane noses up, slows down then lands.

(3) Alan uses verbal mediation as a tool to combat distraction. He smoothly announces each step before it physically occurs. Except that 'watch me pull the yoke back, you'll be surprised' maneuver.

Other observations...

If I were to change the AOA like that, my Mooney landing will occur at the far end of the field after a balloon recovery...

That was the first time I've sat in the back seat of a flying GA airplane??? (that I remember)

I got home. Everyone was asleep. RRHF Magnet applied to the refrigerator! I get to go again!

Next time, we take pictures!

Tomorrow, i'm back On the tug project. Got to get it rewired...diode installed...

Aviation is soooo motivational,

-a-

For the record...

I was talking up a storm! It's not my fault the headphones weren't plugged in...

I'll see a speech therapist (at work) on Friday, she'll vouch for me.

I used to work at the Air and Space Museum downtown in high school and some of my contactcs there are now pros with at Udvar Hazy.  I know they allow one day per year where you can fly into the museum, but the slots are limited, otherwise you have to park at the FBO and shuttle over. 

Let me call my contacts and see if we can arrange a Mooney fly in for the Museum with a special tour or something like that.  It may require some sort of donation as well to get us to be able to taxi to the museum (which would probably only a little more than the landing fees / rates at the FBO). 

If that doesn't work out, I can be a ferry driver and pick people up from the FBO we choose at IAD and drive everyone over to Udvar Hazy.  Will start a thread on this topic when I have some real info.

Take care,

-Seth

• Like 2

I used to work at the Air and Space Museum downtown in high school and some of my contactcs there are now pros with at Udvar Hazy.  I know they allow one day per year where you can fly into the museum, but the slots are limited, otherwise you have to park at the FBO and shuttle over. 

Let me call my contacts and see if we can arrange a Mooney fly in for the Museum with a special tour or something like that.  It may require some sort of donation as well to get us to be able to taxi to the museum (which would probably only a little more than the landing fees / rates at the FBO). 

If that doesn't work out, I can be a ferry driver and pick people up from the FBO we choose at IAD and drive everyone over to Udvar Hazy.  Will start a thread on this topic when I have some real info.

Take care,

-Seth

I like this idea.

I was on the IBM committee to Udvar Hazy during the planning and development.  My job changed before the opening otherwise I was to be there. Years before it opened we discussed having a day a year for fly-ins. Those were the good old days !

BILL