Unofficial 2016 Sun N Fun Thread

Marauder

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Not sure mygoflight will be there but I plan on checking them out. If you find something of particular interest, let me know.

Current exhibitor listing shows MyGoFlight in hangar C.

• Like 1

An earlier post said that Plant City has a shuttle to Sun N Fun.  I just called, and that is NOT correct according to the person I spoke with.  The ramp fee is $25 a day, and the cheapest rental car was $75.00 per day. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:37 AM, Marauder said:

Winter Haven FBO recommendations. Propellerhead Aviation, Hova Flight or Jack Brown's?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jack brown's if you plan to land in the lake...:)

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:37 AM, Marauder said: Winter Haven FBO recommendations. Propellerhead Aviation, Hova Flight or Jack Brown's?

jack brown's if you plan to land in the lake...:)

We'll be at Bartow's. I don't swim well, although, fat floats. Just sayin... If we needed to.

Looking forward to seeing you.

I should be at the Silverwings cabin a lot. (One of the hidden gems of SNF, $30 tax deductible membership fee gets you golf cart rides to and from places, like your car when your carrying 3 cases of oil, $5 lunches, a CLEAN indoor toilet to use, an air conditioned cabin, donuts in the am for the girls..Opps, dues might increase next year :) feed them before you come Chris)

I was planning Wednesday to Friday. Now I see that the Mooney lunch for this month is Saturday at Vero Beach. I could change to Thursday to Saturday and hit the lunch on the way back. So any folks in the area, remember the Mooney lunch  Saturday with the Florida bunch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

I should be at the Silverwings cabin a lot. (One of the hidden gems of SNF, $30 tax deductible membership fee gets you golf cart rides to and from places, like your car when your carrying 3 cases of oil, $5 lunches, a CLEAN indoor toilet to use, an air conditioned cabin, donuts in the am for the girls..Opps, dues might increase next year :) feed them before you come Chris)

Mike,

Where is this fabled cabin?  We're headed south tomorrow and should be at the show Wednesday.

Clarence

5 hours ago, mike_elliott said: I should be at the Silverwings cabin a lot. (One of the hidden gems of SNF, $30 tax deductible membership fee gets you golf cart rides to and from places, like your car when your carrying 3 cases of oil, $5 lunches, a CLEAN indoor toilet to use, an air conditioned cabin, donuts in the am for the girls..Opps, dues might increase next year  feed them before you come Chris)

Mike,

Where is this fabled cabin?  We're headed south tomorrow and should be at the show Wednesday.

Clarence

It's behind the AOPA tent. There are a row of them, the 99s have one. You have me cell do you not? I'll see you Wed Clarence

7 hours ago, Marauder said:

Tomorrow morning:

55ecf4c7e6c3b5eab755941430c2dfa3.jpg

5897aaf18c7a9d7fb5d8e6d99dc66c73.jpg

And this one is looking for Clarence to lay a big wet one on:

aad889037396b77950f51dcf3150e3b3.jpg

I'd bring her home, but I'm not bringing the 400, oops P brand.

Clarence

There are a few things in life I should never do. One of those is to fly to Florida in a Mooney faster than mine. OMG! Maybe it was the 30 to 35 knot tailwind, but when you see 200+ ground speeds for the majority of the flight, you got to ask yourself, is my plane fast enough?

d74930ca9b7b24c4c196a48fb42dbec5.jpg

d4327cd3ffdc5118413139e7d0852e77.jpg

fa962298318c4ee719b066b24097dfe2.jpg

• Like 4

That looks like a m20r panel...I guess the differences between a m20f and later models are less than I realized.  Probably too new to the site to keep up with everything. 

Edit: or read the f'n caption...glad you had a fast trip!

Edited by Godfather
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marauder said:

So how many of you made it down? Left Baltimore with the temps in the high 20s and landed with temps in the low 80s. Gotta love our airplanes!

We arrived today as well, 5:03 from home to KZPH, speed is good!

Clarence 

OK guys my plane is still in the paint shop at VDF, so we are going to view the airshow via rental car. Who else is going to be there?

LMK

my cell number is 713     

7781.  text me; lets roll

image.jpeg

Edited by jetdriven
  • Like 2

Please post more pictures....

I'll be here waiting for them.

That O has a very nice panel.  Winds aloft graphic is like icing on the cake.

20 years is a good time to move to the next Mooney.  There is a young buck that needs a sweet F.

Best regards,

-a-

Please post more pictures....

I'll be here waiting for them.

That O has a very nice panel.  Winds aloft graphic is like icing on the cake.

20 years is a good time to move to the next Mooney.  There is a young buck that needs a sweet F.

Best regards,

-a-

We'll get you some pictures. Here is one of my ladies enjoying the warm weather at the pool.

e180187e3b6f2d43d6b152bbf3170b1c.jpg

My wife and I plan to be there for Friday. Driving.  Can we just set up folding chairs on the flight line and wander the site and the chairs remain?  Works at Meryl Fest main stage. I will try to report back with anything I find interesting. 

Steve 65E-NC

Looks that way.