Mooney Down, 7/11 in Indiana

mooneygirl

This is pretty sad. I saw Mike in person at SunNFun last year and shared a case of Camguard with him recently. He is a great promoter of Mooney aircraft and safety though continued training. Praying for a speedy and complete recovery. We all hope to see him at his next Mooney Summit.

• Like 6

He's the best!!  He came to Memphis to help get me more comfortable with my 68F and stayed at my house for 3 days we had a blast training. My family and I will be praying for a fast recovery and strength for Alice to get her through this unfortunate accident.

• Like 1

God bless both. At the mooney summit this pass winter Bill, Mike, the Doc, a couple others and I were the last ones up after the masses left the Doc's condo. Both of these men are truly remarkable individuals! I remember saying to the Doc that Bill was really good at what he does and a very sincere person. Mike contributed a huge amount to making the summit a success. Mike's also has the sweetest gal, Alice. Very sad....

• Like 3

I hate this. Like everyone else here, I too am sickened and wish for a speedy recovery for Mike and strength and courage for Bill's family.

I may be the only one, but accidents like this where you kind of, sort of get to know the accident victim before the accident, where the pilot's are known to be of a good caliber, where the airplane was likely to be in good condition, yet end in a result like this, really make me question, is this hobby of mine worth dying for?? I feel like this could be me on the very next flight.

Again, prayers to the families. :(

• Like 7

Update from the hospital:

Mike is conscious but not speaking due to being on a respirator.  He is responsive, moving his legs. He has suffered broken ribs, eye-socket and arm, as well as a punctured lung.  He is scheduled for surgery for his arm today.  His brother and nephew were with him and optimistic for a full recovery.  They are not encouraging visitors for a while. 

Prayers are still appropriate.  

• Like 12