NJ Mooney Pilots Fly-In, Dec 2015

carusoam

Updated 12/12/2015

Weather is nice.

Fly-in is in progress

Hope everyone has a safe, fast and efficient flight.

Fuel price has been reported to be below $4gal. (I have not seen it yet)

Best regards,

-a-

Details as I know them...

Airport: 47N Central Jersey Airport. (Previously known as Kupper Airport).  Pretty easy to find.  It's in the middle of New Jersey!

Date: Saturday 12/12.  Because this is the date that is best to get the most people here between major holidays (Including Oscar)

Time: High noon. I intend to be early to make sure any details get covered.

11:00 for early arrivals,  parking is being organized at Tri-State Aviation.

12:00 Lunch at P 'n P down the hill.

1:00 Early departures...

2:00 Later departures...

Restaurant: Pizza 'n Pasta.  They have homemade pasta and a wood burning oven. Go online at http://www.pizzapastanj.com/directions.htm to get informed. I selected the directions page because it shows the airport and restaurant on a google map.

What to bring: A small dollar aviation related gift for a small child, Donations for a Toys for tots type campaign.  Details to be filled in later.  This is an annual event at Princeton airport. (Still working on the details, bring something if you can)

Confirmation: Let me know if you intend to come. This way I can keep the restaurant up to date for our needs.

In case of NoGo: Let me know if you can.  The restaurant is familiar with pilot's needs.  You are PIC.

Other important stuff:

1) Fuel price for Self Serve 100LL is currently $4.2/gal.  So come early and fill up. Best price in Nj.

2) For those flying a Chevy, local gas is down around $1.80 regular, cash. (We don't do self serve in NJ)

3) Special for Alan.  We have your next project here. A Bravo that brushed a wing tip to a fence. The fence was declared the victor.

4) It is a short walk from the end of the runway.  Let me know in advance if you need a ride from your plane to restaurant.

5) I was hoping to say I organized this by myself, but....I got plenty of help from my wife and the pants man. (Thank you(s))  I'll get it more right next time.

6) I intend to bring the O.  The Chevy is Plan B.

7) Thank you to the guys who sent in their recommendations.

8) In the event of rain or less than perfect VMC, a rain date or location will be determined later.  The following day at Central Jersey is a Santa fly in.  Too many sleds, kids and reindeer will be roaming the ramp.

9) There is no ramp fee.

10) the Self Serve Pumps are a different business than the FBO.

11) I have been informed, Tips for the lineman is a nice way to cover his services.

Hope you all can make it.  Even if you you drive something plastic, or has eight cylinders, or has a wing overhead, or its got a really backwards tail.

Append any questions or comments to this thread.  I will do my best to get back to you.

Best regards,

-a-

Original message below may have been outdated...........................

Check your calendars, it's almost time to celebrate!

What: A Mooney luncheon celebrating the successful migration of Oscar's bird back to the Northeast.

Where: A NJ Airport Restaurant.  TBD (Sky Manor?, Princeton area?, or other?) respond soon with your choice of restaurant.

When: High noon -  Saturday, December 12, 2015  (rain date Dec 13th)

What to bring: A small dollar aviation related gift for a small child, Donations for a Toys for tots type campaign.  Details to be filled in later.  This is an annual event at Princeton airport.

Consulting with Oscar, we found the one weekend to be best to meet his family moving schedule. Too soon is Thanksgiving. Too late becomes Christmas. I hope you guys in the Northeast can fit this in your schedule.

This is a typical NJ fly-in. You fly the nearest thing you have to a Mooney. Talk to some other Mooney friends. Have some lunch. See what the latest updates of electronics, paint or speed mods have  been installed on other Mooneys, then safely get home!

How does this look so far?  Let me know what I left out.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

22 hours ago, carusoam said:

(Caution: This thread is still under construction.  The data here is subject to change, often)

Check your calendars, it's almost time to celebrate!

What: A Mooney luncheon celebrating the successful migration of Oscar's bird back to the Northeast.

Where: A NJ Airport Restaurant.  TBD (Sky Manor?, Princeton area?, or other?) respond soon with your choice of restaurant.

When: High noon -  Saturday, December 12, 2015  (rain date Dec 13th)

What to bring: A small dollar aviation related gift for a small child, Donations for a Toys for tots type campaign.  Details to be filled in later.  This is an annual event at Princeton airport.

Consulting with Oscar, we found the one weekend to be best to meet his family moving schedule. Too soon is Thanksgiving. Too late becomes Christmas. I hope you guys in the Northeast can fit this in your schedule.

This is a typical NJ fly-in. You fly the nearest thing you have to a Mooney. Talk to some other Mooney friends. Have some lunch. See what the latest updates of electronics, paint or speed mods have  been installed on other Mooneys, then safely get home!

How does this look so far?  Let me know what I left out.

Best regards,

-a-

A bit further north maybe?

I'll try to make it.   Will have to run it by the boss.  The only airport restaurant I've been to in NJ is at Lincoln Park (which is great btw).  Airport can be a little squirlly depending on winds and if landing 01 though.    

Lancairs invited?  If so I will pass on to my buddy with a 360.  

• Like 1

Brad, all are invited, but...

It takes a strong personality to be able to handle the ribbing. Alan is getting pretty good at.  He has gone from bringing a V-tail to now requesting space for a brand C.

For those that take the Chevy, I salute you!  There comes a time when the weather is really nice, but something else just doesn't work out the way you hoped...

If Alan brings the C, and Dev brings the Chevy, will anyone notice a tiny plastic plane out on the line?

Ride sharing is also a common practice for these events...

I hope you all can make it.

Best regards,

-a-

46 minutes ago, Marauder said:  

I thought you sold your Bonanza?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is Alan going to fly the one with no flaps and no radios that he's parting out over on beech talk? ;-)

With Alan you never know. He may show up in a Sopwith Camel. All I do know is that you don't want him anywhere near your plane. He is always looking for his next deal.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Marauder said:   I thought you sold your Bonanza?

Is Alan going to fly the one with no flaps and no radios that he's parting out over on beech talk? ;-)

With Alan you never know. He may show up in a Sopwith Camel. All I do know is that you don't want him anywhere near your plane. He is always looking for his next deal.

Not sure. I guilted Anthony into setting this up because Stinky Pants always got stuck doing it. Anthony?

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎49‎:‎46‎, bradp said:

Actually , No wings on that one now.......Its disappearing slowly......  I still have my S-35 , I got silly upgrading it , so I'm in for the long haul....

OK, I've been doing the legwork today.  It is foggy down to the ground with plenty of rain...

Details as I know them today....

Airport: 47N Central Jersey Airport. (Previously known as Kupper Airport).  Pretty easy to find.  It's in the middle of New Jersey!

Date: Saturday 12/12.  Because this is the date that is best to get the most people here between major holidays (Including Oscar)

Time: High noon. I intend to be early to make sure any details get covered.

Restaurant: Pizza 'n Pasta.  They have homemade pasta and a wood burning oven. Go online at http://www.pizzapastanj.com/directions.htm to get informed. I selected the directions page because it shows the airport and restaurant on a google map.

Confirmation: Let me know if you intend to come. This way I can keep the restaurant up to date for our needs.

In case of NoGo: Let me know if you can.  The restaurant is familiar with pilot's needs.  You are PIC.

Other important stuff:

1) Fuel price for Self Serve 100LL is currently $4.2/gal.  So come early and fill up. Best price in Nj.

2) For those flying a Chevy, local gas is down around $1.80 regular, cash. (We don't do self serve in NJ)

3) Special for Alan.  We have your next project here. A Bravo that brushed a wing tip to a fence. The fence was declared the victor.

4) It is a short walk from the end of the runway.  Let me know in advance if you need a ride from your plane to restaurant.

5) I was hoping to say I organized this by myself, but....I got plenty of help from my wife and the pants man. (Thank you(s))  I'll get it more right next time.

6) I intend to bring the O.  The Chevy is Plan B.

7) Thank you to the guys who sent in their recommendations.

8) In the event of rain or less than perfect VMC, a rain date or location will be determined later.  The following day at Central Jersey is a Santa fly in.  Too many sleds, kids and reindeer will be roaming the ramp.

Hope you all can make it.  Even if you you drive something plastic, or has eight cylinders, or has a wing overhead, or its got a really backwards tail.

Append any questions or comments to this thread.  I will do my best to get back to you.

Best regards,

-a-