Mid Atlantic Mooney Fly In - July 13th - GED

The Tally - RSVP  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend the GED Fly in?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • No- I live nearby but cannot that day
    • No-I don't live anywhere close but really want to!

What do you guys think about the wx. Looks to me like the stationary front is lingering around through and beyond the 48 hr prog. We are going to be in the worst of the low pressure side with Chantal.

If it would just flow a little further south we'd be golden.  I was planning on flying to GED in the morning and then to ILG afterwards.  I've got a trip on Sunday morning so this would've worked out perfect.  Figures that the wx would throw a wrench in it.  Hope for the best.

So Seth, are we still on? Have you seen the weather? I'm planning to go rain or shine but Alan thinks you're a pussy and gonna call off the event. I said, no way! Seth's the man! He can fly through anything, icing, thunderstorms, hail. What's the verdict?

I am still at home one hour from Culpeper and and 1 hr plus to CDW plus fueling and preflight, it would be nice if we move it to say 1pm. Prefer to go VFR. Will somebody advice if the get together still on?

I'll be there! The weather should lift up as the day goes on - there may be some isolated build ups and storms to deviate around but it shouldn't be that bad. We'll watch it and make safe decisions individually.

I'll be there 10:45-11:00ish.

-Seth

Do we need a poll of how many NJMP members are instrument rated? Then we'd need another about how many are instrument rated and not afraid to use it in their mooney... :P

What's some sprinkles, with all your fancy glass, WX, and traffic toys, guys?

Look what the 19 who made it to X60 in FL are being hammered with!

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=mlb&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

Hey guys I hope all had a good time today. My apologies for not making it. I had full intentions of being there and had planned on departing LBE at 10am. However we had an issue with my father this morning (elderly) and I couldn't get away. I also wanted to fly to ILG this evening (or after the fly-in) to be in position for a trip tomorrow but couldn't get away in time to get airborne before dark (Im one of those guys that wont fly over unfriendly terrain at night). So, looks like a 3am wakeup to start the drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey guys I hope all had a good time today. My apologies for not making it. I had full intentions of being there and had planned on departing LBE at 10am. However we had an issue with my father this morning (elderly) and I couldn't get away. I also wanted to fly to ILG this evening (or after the fly-in) to be in position for a trip tomorrow but couldn't get away in time to get airborne before dark (Im one of those guys that wont fly over unfriendly terrain at night). So, looks like a 3am wakeup to start the drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey! That's my backyard you are talking about! The good news is Delaware is flatter than my first ... And if you really needed to, you could always pull a Scully in the Delaware River. Until you get just south of Wilmington, you have a lot of options including Route 1 and miles of corn fields. You just need to watch out for the Children of the Corn. ;)