M20FanJesse

Mooney M10 for sale! $23k

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Sister to the Ercoupe! What a beautiful little bird.

Big plus is that you can fly with the hatch back IIRC.

• Like 1

Any engine details or airframe and engine times to go with that?, Jesse?

Thought it was a single seat mite, not the mooney two seater...

possibly a next step for @M20Doc‘s new trainees...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

Any engine details or airframe and engine times to go with that?, Jesse?

Thought it was a single seat mite, not the mooney two seater...

possibly a next step for @M20Doc‘s new trainees...

Best regards,

-a-

Yup! Right under the name of the Ad will always be the airframe time and engine time. AFTT: 2226, SMOH: 437

I thought that too! But no, its a two seater. I wonder how it compares to an ercoupe

• Like 1

Wow, so much detail to take in...

I was in a rush to see the pic.  The pics are so nice... distraction set in...  then I forgot to go back for the other details...

I see the continental cylinder covers... Am I missing what engine is in there? Or buyers should know?

When mine goes up for sale it will be listed with an IO550(n) 310hp with a TopProp...and 30k hours...

:)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Wow, so much detail to take in...

I was in a rush to see the pic.  The pics are so nice... distraction set in...  then I forgot to go back for the other details...

I see the continental cylinder covers... Am I missing what engine is in there? Or buyers should know?

When mine goes up for sale it will be listed with an IO550(n) 310hp with a TopProp...and 30k hours...

:)

Best regards,

-a-

I bet its probably a C90. Not sure why he didn't include that! 

and wow thats insane! How many engines did you go through? 

That’s how many I intend to go through...

I’m on #2 currently... :)

I won’t be selling for a while...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carusoam said:

I won’t be selling for a while...

Forever?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, M20FanJesse said:

I bet its probably a C90. Not sure why he didn't include that! 

and wow thats insane! How many engines did you go through? 

According to the Type Certificate it’s a C-90.

Clarence

• Like 2

In 2001 I looked at an M10 that was for sale nearby at Winterhaven. The bucket seats on that particular airplane felt like they had no support at all. I felt like I was sitting on a concrete block. Killed my interest real quick. Not sure if that is a common issue or not as I have never sat in another one.

It looks like it could be a fairly economic airplane for local flights and $100 hamburger runs. Yes, it has a 90hp Continental. A fairly inexpensive entry price with low times and decent paint are plus factors. The lack of tinted glass with UV would be an issue for me in Florida. Additionally, the ADS-B bill is coming due as well.

This Saturday, weather permitting, I am scheduled to take some dual in a Mooney A2-A Cadet. I am really looking forward to it as the Ercoupe officionados claim that the A2-A was the best of the breed. Only about 59 of them were built by Alon and Mooney combined before Mooney switched from the split tail to the conventional tail configuration. This will be a rare treat...a true bucket list event!

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 8:44 AM, M20FanJesse said:

I wonder how it compares to an ercoupe

130 lb. The M10 has a gross weight of 1450 lb where many Ercoupes (Ercoupe 415-C and -CD) meet the light sport limit of 1320 lb.

Just returned from my adventure to Florida's East Coast today. Had the unique opportunity to fly a Mooney Cadet A2-A. This was a Mooney built version of the Alon Aircoupe right before Mooney changed over to the conventional tail configuration. This one has the spring steel landing gear and, like most Alons and Mooneys, it has the rudder pedals as well.

One of the things that I was very interested in was the cruise performance. People who have them state that they will cruise 120 mph to 124 mph. In fact, the manual also quotes 124 mph at 2,475 rpm. We leveled off at 2,300 ft msl, set the power at 2,400 and it indicated just over 115 mph. I'm confident that the true airspeed was closer to 120 mph given the heat we were dealing with today. Remember, we didn't push it at 2,475 rpm either. No matter what, 115 mph indicated air speed on 90 hp isn't too shabby.

The Seats, well, there wasn't much to them. They did NOT feel like a concrete block but they were a far cry from my two year old thick foam, leather covered seats in my 172. It was comfortable to sit in the airplane, especially when you're doing the flying and your feet are on the rudder pedals. The passenger, well, may need to move their feet and legs around a bit to stay away from the controls and still be comfortable.

The airplane will climb out at what seems like an inordinately high angle of attack when doing a short field takeoff. It will climb quite nicely at 70 mph, which is close to the Vy speed. I was using 80 mph for better cooling and visibility. There was no need to fool around with higher angles of attack in this hot weather.

One thing that I did not like was that airplane had some vibration in it. It was very noticeable. Enough so that I even asked the CFI if this roughness was normal? He commented that he's gotten used to it and didn't really know what was behind it. Then I remembered something that my Dad told me years ago. He flew the post-war Ercoupes in the 1940s giving instruction in them and he had an opportunity to fly a number of them. He said that some of them were real vibrators and others were not. He said that there seemed to be a wide variation in the Ercoupes from one to another. He speculated that maybe it was a quality control issue at the Erco factory. He could never figure out if it was out of balance propellors, bad mounts or what. Now I know what he was talking about. It is a shame because it detracted from the flight experience in what would otherwise be a really nice, fun little airplane to fly.

Dad used to say that he would only buy one IF he could "get a good one".

Anyway, it was a fun day, 1.2 hours of cross country there, 1.2 hours back and an hour of local flying in the Cadet. Another item off of my bucket list. Hope you all had great flying too! 

IMG_1754.JPG

IMG_1753.JPG

IMG_1757.JPG

Edited by BKlott
  • Like 1