ipad mount attachment

I made a ipad mount this weekend.  I thought I'd show it off.  I'm sure 1st impressions are it blocks my visibility.  When I sit in the cockpit its not that bad.  I haven't flown with it yet.  My plane is down because I'm overhaulling my exhaust system.

post-1848-13468140778163_thumb.jpg

post-1848-13468140778882_thumb.jpg

My RAM Mount for the iPad2 came in today.  I opted for the yoke mount attachment and I'm hoping that it doesn't get in the way of things.  I'll send some pictures after I get it installed. Cool

If it doesn't work out like I've hoped, I'll probably get a glare shield mount.

Quote: omega708

My RAM Mount for the iPad2 came in today.  I opted for the yoke mount attachment and I'm hoping that it doesn't get in the way of things.  I'll send some pictures after I get it installed. Cool

If it doesn't work out like I've hoped, I'll probably get a glare shield mount.

• 1 month later...

Here's the mount I use for my vizio tablet.  The mount itself is old for a "kneeboard" and has velcro on it.  I put two strips of mating velcro on back of the tablet and it holds real good, even during moderate turbulance. I use it on the co-pilot yoke so it does not cover the A/P and clock on the pilot side.  A little tilt and it is really nice..  Need to see detail ? Just pull it off and look at it on your lap (where my kneeboard is for writing stuff down), then put it back on the velcro pad.

Oh, and that's the NAVIATOR Application for Android tablets.. A GREAT buy.

post-12637-13468140897427_thumb.jpg

post-12637-13468140897588_thumb.jpg

post-12637-13468140897836_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I thought that so many are using the iPad this might be a useful post especially since it's practially impossible to mount the iPad anywhere in our airplanes that makes sense.

We just recently started using the iPad's in our operation.  When looking for a useful protective case we came across the following:

http://www.gumdropcases.com/drop-series-ipad-2-case.html

This is an outstanding case and really does protect the iPad from just about anything.  It also has a "sticky" quality to it so it sits on your leg without the worry of it sliding off.  But even if it does fall off, there is NO way it's going to be harmed.  The case is as rugged as can be.  It even has a cover over the screen.  Not just a screen protector, as in the film, but actualy plastic that goes over the screen.  The touch screen works just as well believe it or not and you can't even tell there is anything over it.

Really a great product in my humble opinion.  Just thought it was worth posting.

Blue skies all.

B~

I just want to clear something up. The military grade film that goes over your ipad screen will not protect the unit if dropped. The screen will still shatter.

The good news is that if you bring the unit to an apple store and it is still under warranty. They will give you a brand new ipad right out of the box as long as you back up your files.it does not matter where you bought the ipad. (Maybe Verizon and AT&T may be excluded I’m really not sure).  Apparently the ipad and iPhone skipped some corners in their screen design and a lot of units’ screens have been cracking.

So if you are not happy with your ipad you know what to do….    Tongue out