New format

DonMuncy

1 hour ago, FlyDave said:

It looks like most everything is working on my iPad tonight and the new format is quite similar to the old but with some enhancements. Is anyone else seeing that?

It only looks "normal" to me if I block cookies.  If I allow cookies, I can't see the top banner.

Thanks all.  If you want to send a donation via PayPal please send to craig@cyberc-usa.com - if you want to mail a check please PM me for the address.

I will be putting up a pinned topic soon asking for donations again.  We usually do pretty good when I do this.

You can likely expect to see some kind of ads on the site in the future as well.  I will try to keep it minimal and as non-intrusive as possible.

How much does the site need for annual costs? I'm over on the Piper forum and they have whats called Supportive Membership for $30/yr. Maybe we could bring in the same aspect? I would pay to support the site and not deal with ads. I'm here on the daily and this site has been the only thing to stop me from pulling the hair out of my head sometimes.

"Here at Piper Forum we strive to provide a friendly and technical oriented community with limited advertising that works towards our hobby and rights.

We have started a Supporting Member program to help fund all the various financial obligations the community incurs; Hosting, Software, Marketing and Legal.

For only $30.00/yr  or $3.99/month  you gain the following benefits to your Membership here at PiperForum and help support the further growth of our general knowledge base and community.

• Supporting Member image under your user name.
  • Less advertising.
  • NO mobile advertising
  • Unlimited private message space.
  • Unlimited file attachment space.
  • Unlimited gallery space.
  • Larger Avatar dimensions and file size.
  • Larger Profile Picture dimensions and file size.
  • The satisfaction that you are supporting a great community with a great cause

Capturge_zps8ivj2umy.jpg
  • Like 2

For anyone who cares; the site seems to be working for me again. The only thing I can think of which might have made the difference is that I updated my browser from Internet Explorer 8 to IE 11.

If anyone wants to contact me, donmuncy is preferred over don.muncy.

The unread posts functions keeps getting better!

Notifications of things coming in is helpful while typing a post.

I am still looking forward to getting a post count back in the top of each post in a thread.  It helps with thread navigation and memory challenges.

I have gotten a feel for how much work there is for software guys with a good product, to have to make it work across a decade of different platforms.  Including the shift to more mobile platforms.

Good to see you back as yourself, Don!

Best regards,

-a-