Panel and Paint

John Pleisse

Great idea, this thread... - especially as I am so much in love with my Irish Lady... :wub:

It's my pleasure to share some new pictures of my little grace, "born" in 1966 as a regular M20F Executive. The former owner invested a lot of time, thought and money into this beauty and sold it to me as shown in these photos... - and I can tell you, she took my breath away!
The only question after the first flight was "when" and no longer "how much"...  :rolleyes:   :D

D-ECED_01.jpg

D-ECED_panel.jpg

I don't like modern glass cockpits too much and was really happy to find a Mooney with such a semi-modern cockpit. Ergonomic, great style and nothing to distract you from watching the scenery outside...   B)

• Like 3

BeechTalk has a similar thread, so I take no credit. There's is over 80 pages. Let me be clear, be proud of what you got, even if it is not glass. I noticed this on BT, too. All panels, new and old. All paint, classic or new. Let's see and document our fleet.

EDIT: This should not be a expose of deep pockets. On BeechTalk, everyone posted panels....old, new, modified or other. This is very valuable because we can all see original stock, installation of things like AOA indicators, panel paint and powder coating, placarding options, switch covers, STC switches, Ipad and Ram Mounts, install options, GEM's and placement. We may be able to help each other out quite a bit. I have seen autopilots put in the wrong place, announciators put in the wrong place, etc.

Post 'em....... ALL.

I miss my old panel. I knew what everything did and that everything was broken :)

post-9886-1392841908043_thumb.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

• Like 1

OK....Who's posting photo's of their Mooney being painted by Joe at HAWK in Tampa???

Good pictures will be followed by a better, if not perfect paint job. I see he has the same crew as when he painted mine almost four years ago. smiley24.gif

Good choice IMHO!

OK....Who's posting photo's of their Mooney being painted by Joe at HAWK in Tampa???

Good pictures will be followed by a better, if not perfect paint job. I see he has the same crew as when he painted mine almost four years ago. smiley24.gif

Good choice IMHO!

Guilty.  It should be ready on Thursday

• Like 1

Although this thread seems to have died suddenly, I'm jumping in anyway, because I was in the middle of a panel re-do when it started, and now I'm (almost) done.

Previously, my panel was stock '66 E-model, with hacks and chops to accomodate the odd update, and looked like these:

post-10976-0-98566700-1393594394_thumb.j post-10976-0-34897800-1393594830_thumb.j post-10976-0-21808700-1393594907_thumb.j

After just a few days at KRT Aviation, a new shop on the field at KRVS in Tulsa, Keith Thomas and his crew had my new arrangement finished, complete with the addition of my shiny new CYA-100 Angle of Attack Indicator (Thanks, Rip!), and it now looks like this:

post-10976-0-26060000-1393595768_thumb.j post-10976-0-46050700-1393595769_thumb.j post-10976-0-69729100-1393595770_thumb.j 

It's still a little rough, and I need to make new labels for everything, but it's a huge improvement, and sets up nicely for instrument training. The large-ish blank area on the CoPilot side is for my iPad, as soon as I settle on a mounting option. The post lights were replaced with Nu-Lites. A night flight back from Dallas last weekend showed everything to work just beautifully.

KRT Aviation did a very nice job of it, very quickly, and at a price that so stunned me when I heard their quote that I jumped without hesitation. I will be a regular visitor to their shop, I'm sure.

mws out

• Like 2

MWS,

Nice panel layout!

Do you have a voltage regulator warning light if something were to go offline?

I see a pair of vacuum lights, but could not find a similar light for voltage?

This concern comes from my C days. My generator took a break I didn't catch on until the battery was near dead,...

If I had a warning light...

Modern V controllers have outputs for warning lights.

You probably have it covered, I just didn't see it.

Best regards,

-a-

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My question is... do your JPI 9XX engine monitors cover you for removing the annunciator box from your J's (when programmed for appropriate alarms)?

I did see a few warning lights scattered here and there on some panels.

Cnoe