Panel and Paint

John Pleisse

A&P's hate us for it, but the first thing a pilot looks at is the paint job, second, the panel. Please post your pix and show what great care you have taken. Modern panels and modifications are abound. Make this the longest thread we have! (looking for my pix now)

EDIT: This should not be a expose of deep pockets. On BeechTalk, everyone posted panels....old, new, modified or other. This is very valuable because we can all see original stock, installation of things like AOA indicators, panel paint and powder coating, placarding options, switch covers, STC switches, yoke covers, Ipad and Ram Mounts, install options, GEM's and placement. We may be able to help each other out quite a bit. I have seen autopilots put in the wrong place, announciators put in the wrong place, etc.

Post 'em....... ALL.

Non-common place for the engine monitor but I really like that, Marauder.

Thanks Byron. When my mechanic was working up the new right side panel, we experimented with it above the transponder. To really keep it in line of sight, we had to use angling of the unit which I didn't like.

I'm looking at a Bendix King 770 to replace my Narco, so all this will change once again when I move forward with it. I have been also looking at the new EI primary as a possible replacement for the JPI. So who knows what it will all look like when I am done...

Did someone say something about "modern avionics abound?"

It was a long time coming, so long that this panel went through several prior versions with design changes as new equipment was introduced.  Paint was completed in Dec, 2013.  Interior is just being completed.

John Breda

post-8543-0-07971900-1392788613_thumb.jp

post-8543-0-37107100-1392788778_thumb.jp

post-8543-0-51012100-1392788837_thumb.jp

post-8543-0-53187900-1392788846_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Did someone say something about "modern avionics abound?"

It was a long time coming, so long that this panel went through several prior versions with design changes as new equipment was introduced. Paint was completed in Dec, 2013. Interior is just being completed.

John Breda

I forgot all about your plane John. I remember when I first saw pictures of it and it took a while for me to realize that it was an F! Nicely done!

Sent using Tapatalk

Jajaja. May be I should participate more often so you don't forget about us in exile...

The warning light is for a LASAR ignition system. I installed the system several years ago. It was developed by UNiSON, then it was bought by Champion but now it is somehow orphan. The main advantage I see is that I have an electronic ignition, but still the two magnetos as a back up. In terms of performance I have not sen any gains at all.

• Like 1

BeechTalk has a similar thread, so I take no credit. There's is over 80 pages. Let me be clear, be proud of what you got, even if it is not glass. I noticed this on BT, too. All panels, new and old. All paint, classic or new. Let's see and document our fleet.

EDIT: This should not be a expose of deep pockets. On BeechTalk, everyone posted panels....old, new, modified or other. This is very valuable because we can all see original stock, installation of things like AOA indicators, panel paint and powder coating, placarding options, switch covers, STC switches, Ipad and Ram Mounts, install options, GEM's and placement. We may be able to help each other out quite a bit. I have seen autopilots put in the wrong place, announciators put in the wrong place, etc.

Post 'em....... ALL.

• Like 2

Great thread idea!  Sorry I don't have a better full-panel shot, but this will have to do for now.

I'm anxious to add a glass PFD, but will have to wait until after the engine overhaul is digested.  I'm hoping the relaxation of part 23 rules might lead to more (and cheaper) options for us soon too.

post-6924-0-78247100-1392832637_thumb.jppost-6924-0-72535200-1392832793_thumb.jp