1983 Mooney M20J Missile 300 for Sale - $199,999

Seth

8 hours ago, Seth said:

I've had a few offers now and have accepted one. She's going into pre-buy in a few days. Very bittersweet. Need more seats for the family, but this is one heck of an airplane.

-Seth

Goes to show how appropriately it was priced. Lots of plans are languishing on the market. Seems like the owners are hoping to take advantage of yesterdays market…

Happy you got a fair offer, she looks like a very well maintained, and appointed bird. Hope prebuy goes well!

On 9/10/2023 at 3:21 PM, Fly Boomer said:

Any idea how many hours to R&R the engine just to have the mount overhauled without any other changes?

In order to do that you'd have to remove the engine. then remove the 8 point engine mount, then send it to a shop to overhaul it. Cost wise? costs are SO much higher now than just two years ago. I can look though my records and try to come up with something for you.

If the engine is already off, it's a no brainer to do as you're looking at only a few AMU for shipping and overhaul. 12 years ago under $2,000 all in. Not sure what it would be today. But I can again go back to records and try to extrapolate.

-Seth

9 minutes ago, Seth said:

In order to do that you'd have to remove the engine. then remove the 8 point engine mount, then send it to a shop to overhaul it. Cost wise? costs are SO much higher now than just two years ago. I can look though my records and try to come up with something for you.

If the engine is already off, it's a no brainer to do as you're looking at only a few AMU for shipping and overhaul. 12 years ago under $2,000 all in. Not sure what it would be today. But I can again go back to records and try to extrapolate.

-Seth

Thanks.  I have costs from Rocket for the overhaul of the mount.  I don't know what the shipping charges will be, but whatever it is, I'll have to pay.  I'm just trying to get to the number of hours for the R&R so I can calculate roughly what an A&P will charge.  I have had a number of friends try to tell me how easy it is, but they are not Mooney people, and the Rocket just makes it worse.

And . . . she's sold!

As of this afternoon after 15 years of Mooney ownership, and 12 years with this magnificent Missile, I'm planeless.

I admit it was kind of hard watching her fly off today. She's got a great new home with a good pilot and owner who is very excited about this Missile. I hope he join's MooneySpace and attends Mooney Summit in October.

Thank you as always to everyone here on MooneySpace. I'll stick around!

-Seth

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Seth said:

And . . . she's sold!

As of this afternoon after 15 years of Mooney ownership, and 12 years with this magnificent Missile, I'm planeless.

I admit it was kind of hard watching her fly off today. She's got a great new home with a good pilot and owner who is very excited about this Missile. I hope he join's MooneySpace and attends Mooney Summit in October.

-Seth

Congratulations and condolences in the same sentence. Glad you will be sticking around. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seth said:

And . . . she's sold!

Make sure you let us know of your new ride, your family will appreciate it

D

-Seth

• Like 1