State of Depression...

Marauder

I sold my motorcycle earlier this summer, and have mixed emotions... I certainly miss riding right now, but am somewhat relieved that the new owner is enjoying her much more than I've been able to in the last few years, and certainly more than I could in the next few.  I'm happy to have one less engine/vehicle to look after, more room in the garage, etc.

Next up is selling my classic BMW too.  I won't miss that one much.

• Like 1

The mooney has gotten me over my sports car phase. Around where I live, you can't really enjoy a sports car anyway--you can only drive as fast as the soccer mom ahead of you. anyway, you should have stepped up to a C7 by now.
My challenge with the Vette was I didn't want to take anywhere out of fear someone would scratch it. Can't tell you the number of times I parked 30 rows away from a car and walked the mile to the store. I think my sports cars days are over. Saw my wife looking up our next vehicle already qy2edypu.jpg Wonder if they sell motorized versions...
  • Like 2

Yup, my Honda 750! Anyways, Just think of putting the money down on that retirement property you're thinking about!! Or more Gas for the M20. Just keep the funny stuff coming! -Matt
Unfortunately I think the money is headed for the college fund. Why couldn't she just say; "That GTN looks lonely in the panel. You should have two to keep each other company".

I heard through the grapevine that the person I bought my mooney from was deeply conflicted on the decision to sell it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't even want to think about that possibility. Of all my vehicles, I have had the longest love affair with her (just don't tell my wife or I can kiss that second GPS good-bye).

The mooney has gotten me over my sports car phase.  Around where I live, you can't really enjoy a sports car anyway--you can only drive as fast as the soccer mom ahead of you.

anyway, you should have stepped up to a C7 by now.

I deer hunt not far from you in Macon county. There are plenty of places down there to let ER rip!

• Like 1

Was depressed when I sold all my motorcycle roadracing stuff (two FZR 400s, spare everything, leathers).

Was depressed when I sold N23GV, my first plane (172).

However, now I am enlightened and realize that a car is merely an appliance that gets you to your hangar :)

Tim

• Like 4

I won't sell my 2013 C6. It runs like a top and is great for getting me to the airport and work. I won't buy a C7 since they are overpriced and overweight. At least not until I can get one for $10K under MSRP.

I agree. I got the 2013 427 convertible and love it. I actually prefer the styling to the C7. Something about the rear of the C7s I just can't get used to

Was depressed when I sold all my motorcycle roadracing stuff (two FZR 400s, spare everything, leathers).

Was depressed when I sold N23GV, my first plane (172).

However, now I am enlightened and realize that a car is merely an appliance that gets you to your hangar :)

Tim

400's were the bomb!!!!!!!!!!

I tell people that after my divorce and sell of the house, I took my half and bought a mobile home, it has 1 room and seats 4, and it's one of the fastest mobile home in the world, at more than 420 KM/h, it goes trough a trailler park in a second or two...

I enjoy just sitting in my rocket mobile home, as a car guy that has had in his life 2 Mustangs, 2 Jeeps, 2 BMW and now a Mercedes, I can say that my need for speed is no longer fulfilled on the road, but rather at a bit higher altitude...

On beautiful sunny days like it was today, I feel depressed sitting in the office, instead of high above, to make things worst, my office is in a university near top of a mountain, and the usual city site seeing plane tours pass near by and I can hear the engines... Pisses me off that I'm not in my mobile home at that moment...

• Like 1

Now I'm depressed.  I have a 10 year old Honda Accord that gets me to and from the airport.  It's got more than 100K miles on it and at least $5000 of hail damage.  --At least I don't worry about parking 30 rows away from anyone.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I think the money is headed for the college fund. Why couldn't she just say; "That GTN looks lonely in the panel. You should have two to keep each other company".

I'm in that stage, too.  One in college and one in high school.  Plus they gotta have something to drive.  I don't think I'm looking at an Acclaim anytime soon.

Here in California between the constant traffic and cops, it makes no sense to own a fast car as you really cannot enjoy it. Now if I lived in the open Nevada or New Mexico desert, sure owning a Ferrari would be fun since can drive it fast and open it up on the freeway.

I'd much rather own a fast plane that I can use and enjoy.

• Like 1

My challenge with the Vette was I didn't want to take anywhere out of fear someone would scratch it. Can't tell you the number of times I parked 30 rows away from a car and walked the mile to the store.

I think my sports cars days are over. Saw my wife looking up our next vehicle already

qy2edypu.jpg

Wonder if they sell motorized versions...

I heard LoPresti offers a few speed mods for it.