Light out in the landing gear floor Indicator

lukejb

Have a 77 201J. The light is out in the floor indicator for the landing gear. Does anyone know what size bulb this is and if they sell on Aircraft Spruce or where the best place to get one is?

If it hasn't been modified, it will be a GE 330. Aircraft Spruce carries them in both incandescent and LED versions.

Sent using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Speed was supposed to be sleep. :)

I have a basic Fitbit. I was wondering how your unit knows when you're sleeping and how it determines depth of rest. As an example would the Fitbit think that Stinky Pants was sleeping for the duration of his ten hour flight.

Come to think of it, he probably was snoozing.

Speed was supposed to be sleep. :)

I have a basic Fitbit. I was wondering how your unit knows when you're sleeping and how it determines depth of rest. As an example would the Fitbit think that Stinky Pants was sleeping for the duration of his ten hour flight.

Come to think of it, he probably was snoozing.

You tell it you are going to sleep and it determines motion as unrest from that point until you say you are awake again. They make it pretty easy with the app.They also allow you to adjust the sensitivity up to detect all motion as "non sleep time". Based on my understanding of "sleep", the only time you are in meaningful sleep is when you are in REM and not moving.

I think Stinky Pants had to stay awake since he doesn't have altitude hold.

Well after looking at this again in the hangar I found that the light is not out.  Just very dim.  Looking for a brighter replacement.  I don't care if LED is illegal if it is brighter. Common sense tells me a brighter light and being able to see indicator to confirm gear is down and locked is more important.

• Like 1

lukejb,

I didn't see your type plane, but in my 231, it was so dim you couldn't see it either. I found it had a 28v bulb. I replaced it with the equivalent 14v and it is fine. Interestingly enough the manual calls for the 28v. I think it is just an error.

• Like 2