New Mooney and New Ticket

teethdoc

I closed on a new to me M20J a few weeks ago and got my PPL this weekend.  I need to do 25h (10 under the hood) with an insturctor before I can be off into the wild blue.  She's in excellent condition other than nearing TBO.  Decent panel with g430W and AP.

post-9812-0-03294600-1370870209_thumb.jp

post-9812-0-99455600-1370870223_thumb.jp

post-9812-0-83738300-1370870229_thumb.jp

post-9812-0-64624500-1370870235_thumb.jp

I honestly don't know what she cruises at.  I've been too busy getting my license, I have not flown her other than a test flight.  The mechanic doing the pre-buy flew it a few times.  And yes, I am a pediatric dentist outside of Birmingham, AL.

Congrats!  Use some of this dual period to work on your Instrument Rating - knock that out and you'll REALLY be able to use the true capability of your aircraft.

If you are paying for the duel instruction anyway, why not get a good chunk of the IFR rating requirements completed?

Watch your pattern speeds, stay ahead of your bird, and remember, every landing is a go-around, the landing is just a bonus.

Happy Flying! 

-Seth

• Like 1

Hey Peter, you've got some competition now

Very nice plane. You'll help yourself and us out if you indicate your location, home base, and model somewhere in your signature block or your profile.

...And don't worry, there is no competition for Peter 'Smiles. They threw away the mold after him B)

When I bought my Mooney five weeks after my PPL checkride, I worked on simply learning the plane during my required dual. That was also my first actual IMC, since some instruction was required there like with you.

On the advice of my Mooney CFI, I spent the next "little while" learning the plane better and getting used to it. Go have some fun and relax from all of the training. Do some of what inspired you to get your certificate in the first place.

THEN come back and start Instrument training. Just don't do like me and wait two years to start back!  :)

Welcome to the club! Fly safe!!