Finding local Mooney owners

So I know local airports have several Mooneys in the hangars. I've seen and heard about at least 15 across several local airports. 

I'm really wanting to get into Mooney ownership but I'd like to have a 50% partner. How do I find these owners, I can approach them hell I can track down contact info, that's not the issue, but I don't have names. 

I know fractional ownership isnt for everyone but maybe a few of them would entertain the idea who just otherwise weren't out there looking for a partner. 

Any thoughts or online resources to track down plane make/models to geographic regions? I don't have the tail numbers, I'd have to see them to get them. 

6 minutes ago, DanSmith3 said:

So I know local airports have several Mooneys in the hangars. I've seen and heard about at least 15 across several local airports. 

I'm really wanting to get into Mooney ownership but I'd like to have a 50% partner. How do I find these owners, I can approach them hell I can track down contact info, that's not the issue, but I don't have names. 

I know fractional ownership isnt for everyone but maybe a few of them would entertain the idea who just otherwise weren't out there looking for a partner. 

Any thoughts or online resources to track down plane make/models to geographic regions? I don't have the tail numbers, I'd have to see them to get them. 

You could get most of this from the FAA database. They wouldn’t have the specific airport for each aircraft, but you could easily find Mooneys with owners in your area. 

You can run online queries here:

https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/

Or download the whole database here:

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/aircraft_certification/aircraft_registry/releasable_aircraft_download

• Like 1

You could also ask at each airport.  Whoever manages the space (hangars and tie downs). 

You could post on the airport bulletin boards.  With posting a flyer, you could look for buying in with someone who owns one already and also ask if there are any other like minded people to start a partnership or club.

When I was looking into buying into a partnership in 2010, I really liked the Commander 114 and used the FAA registry to track down each owner near my local airports. I wrote a standard letter and sent out about a dozen and actually did hear back from several. One owner took me up in his Commander to familiarize me with the plane, but he wasn't interested in a partner. Two weeks later he called me out of the blue and said that his hangar neighbor was looking for a third partner who had a Mooney and got me in touch with him. That's how I came into my partnership. I really lucked out because I have two great partners and we are always on the same page in terms of maintenance and upgrades.

I'll be honest, I still like the looks and roominess of the Commander, but I've come to love the speed and efficiency of the J model.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

When I was looking into buying into a partnership in 2010, I really liked the Commander 114 and used the FAA registry to track down each owner near my local airports. I wrote a standard letter and sent out about a dozen and actually did hear back from several. One owner took me up in his Commander to familiarize me with the plane, but he wasn't interested in a partner. Two weeks later he called me out of the blue and said that his hangar neighbor was looking for a third partner who had a Mooney and got me in touch with him. That's how I came into my partnership. I really lucked out because I have two great partners and we are always on the same page in terms of maintenance and upgrades.

Can’t beat luck.

I'm with @Utah20Gflyer, and let us know where you are.  A biggie to draw attention to those in your are that might be here is to go Edit the Title of this thread and add your Airport Code.  There's always a chance that a number of the local Mooneys you're seeing are all members here.