Any one know anything about this paint shop near TPA?

Mooneymite

On Barnstormers.com:

PAINT JOB • DON'T MISS OUT • From JD& MEIERS custom paint jobs. Service summary: full strip with organic stripper, alodine, prime, and paint. Basic matterhorn white from jet glow comes with the starting price for any plane also two stripes any color. The starting pricing is : Apache/ Seneca (twin engine sized aircraft)- $11,500.00 Cessna 172- $9,750.00 Cessna 150- $7,500.00 Mooney's- $8,750.00 Cherokees& Comanches- $8,500.00 These are all starting price! Free estimates call 941-524-3102 • Contact Jose Alfaro - JD& MEIRES AIRCRAFT CUSTOM PAINT , Owner - located Wimauma, FL United States  Telephone: 9415243102 • 9415243102 • BUSINESS CARD •  Posted November 2, 2020

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2020 at 11:11 PM, FloridaMan said:

I would go to hawk and get Imron. My M20F was painted in Imron in 1995 and looks like it could have been painted last month, sans the standard abrasions and touching up, but the paint still reflects. 

I absolutely and totally agree. I was hesitant to use Hawk because they were a little more expensive than the other people around, but Joe did a magnificent job on my plane as you can see if you look at my profile, my M20J as in the background. Hawk in Zephyrhills did that paint job and I can only but sing their praises.

Not only did he do a great job and helping me select the right color scheme, but he replaced all of my hardware, and had the airplane professionally rerigged when it was done. Start to finish his is a first class operation. Joe is a straight shooter and ethical.  That still counts for something in this day and age.

• Like 1

That was by far the worst aircraft paint job I have ever seen by a long shot! Wow! 

My old paint job was worst, done by paint shop in Bartow by PO.

They didn’t even remove the flight controls or bother to extend the flaps so when I did you saw the old paint which they didn’t bother to strip. They also didn’t mask very well, lots of overspray, they even sprayed the antennas.

I had all the other problems the guy had in the video.

BTW, even my horrific paint job can look good in pictures.