Bruce Jaeger's Spatial Interiors -- East Coast Project Interest

Marauder

Jaeger's Spatial Interiors Workshop  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Heck yeah Marauder! I'm tired at looking at my yellow cracked panels!

• And I want to be a good Cheap Bast$%d and have interest in attending depending on timing and location.
    • Sorry, I'm too cheap to attend unless he is giving them away.

Hi All,

I had a chance to speak with Bruce Jaeger this afternoon about his interior refurbishment offerings. Let me begin that I am impressed with someone who took time from a family vacation to literally return my email within a couple of hours. And then to spend quality time on the phone with me trying his best to find a way for us to meet up while he is on the East coast. I was even more impressed that he knew immediately that my 1975 F has reclining rear seats. Bruce is in the Virginia area (east of Washington) this weekend and is driving back home on Monday. We tried our best to find a time and place on Monday so that I could look over the new designs he is carrying with him in his van. Unfortunately, the timing isn't going to work for me.

Bruce agreed to send me pictures of his new designs and that we would talk afterwards to discuss a potential project. If I liked Bruce's offering for my F and move forward with purchasing, he offered to help do the actual install so that he could demonstrate to all of you that his offerings are owner installable. We have to work out the details if this will be done in a local shop willing to participate or in my hangar. The idea is to do a live demonstration of the installation process and obviously for him to drive interest in his new design.

At this point, I am just gauging interest of people who would be willing to attend. Timing, location and details at this point are open. We would be looking for a location in the mid-Atlantic area or at my home base N57. All I am looking for at this point, is potential interest. Once I have pictures from Bruce, I will post them. I will also explore the possibility of recording parts of the installation to help those who might have an interest understand the process. And if you are like me, you would love to have a cleaner interior but without leaving your wallet at someone's shop

And as a disclaimer, there is no financial gain for me other than his assistance to install the panels.

• Like 3

I met Bruce over 20 years ago after I bought my 201. Willmar did my service and I've flown with Bruce every year and I'd like to fly more often with him since I'm getting of the age!  (Willmar is 350nm from my home base.) I trust Bruce with my airplane and depend upon his knowledge and skill as an instructor. I could share many stories of how Bruce has gone well beyond what might be expected; Marauder, he treats everyone with respect, so your posting does not surprise me.  After I talk with Bruce, I don't need a second opinion.  

• Like 2

I met Bruce a couple of years ago at one of our monthly Florida Mooney luncheon's. He happened to sit out our table and he was with his mom. He was a nice guy (funky haircut though) and when I quizzed him about my plane, which he sold to my partners twelve years prior, he actually remembered details about it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

Bruce was at the last Mooney Summit. A lifetime of experience and a really clever guy.

Chris, I might be interested and if NC is more central to folks I'd offer my hanger...

NC would be great.  I've been wanting to see Bob's amazing plane anyway!

Bruce provided the transition training for me from my F model to my Missile.

I learned a ton about engine management through him and he was in the 7th inning of finalizing the Spatial interior at that time.  I'd be interested in attending.

He's an honest and good man.

-Seth

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Kris_Adams said:

Still interested :)

Kris -- I received an update from Bruce this week with some additional pictures of his latest design. The pictures below are some of the pictures. I am waiting for a complete interior set of pictures from him on the new design and will post those. When those are posted, I will try to finalize a list of people who are interested and where/when we could meet up with Bruce.

DSC_3763.JPG

DSC_3770.JPG

DSC_3781.JPG

DSC_3525.JPG

DSC_3528.JPG

• Like 1

Bruce's design appears similar to the one I recently implemented. The main difference is that I used much larger eyeball vents over airflow concerns. I will say that the eyeballs are much better because you can direct the airflow where you want it.

You can see the eyeball vents in the attached selfie (sorry about that, but it's the only pic I have on me)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

de608cad27f1cb1e2a8cdd483781001c.jpg

1 hour ago, Danb said:

Chris, you haven't been in my hanger but I think your familiar with the newer ones on the west side, mine is heated and if you want you could use it, it's big enough I'm sure. 

Thanks for the offer Dan. A lot will depend on when this comes together. I will be moving into my new hangar in a month but at this point it is unheated. I will keep you posted and may take you up on the offer.

7 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

Am a bit too far to attend unfortunatley, however i would love to know more.  

Bruce is open to me videotaping the process. If I can make a video of the process, I can post it on YouTube to help those who can't attend in person. Bruce's approach on this is to minimize the installation effort and make this something you and your mechanic/installer can do.

He also mentioned his repair process for the existing Royalite or whatever our plastic parts are made of. This could be used in conjunction with his spatial designs components being used for part of the renovation and the rest being repaired existing components.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Thanks for the offer Dan. A lot will depend on when this comes together. I will be moving into my new hangar in a month but at this point it is unheated. I will keep you posted and may take you up on the offer.

My hangar will be heated for the next four months. It's pretty spacious, too, and will easily hold two dozen attendees with room to work.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hank said:

My hangar will be heated for the next four months. It's pretty spacious, too, and will easily hold two dozen attendees with room to work.

I'm wondering if he will be open to a series of these. It is understandable that people can't fly to all regions of the East coast. Perhaps he will be open to a "Train the trainer" approach.

• Like 1

Just now, Hyett6420 said:

Thats great if you could do that.  Just out of interest whats the difference between plane plastics and this process?   It looks vaguely similar or am i missing something?

His design is similar to the airline interiors. Less screws and more industrial Velcro. Makes for an easier removal for interior wiring work and I suspect if you damage a panel, easier replacement. Part of the pre-work I am doing with him is to understand the value proposition to the community. I don't think his intended audience are those guys willing to drop 5 digits with Hector or any other quality interior shop. 

I also believe he approaches this aligned with the condition of your existing interior. It is not an all or nothing renovation. If your existing plastic is in need of repair, he has an option to use your existing plastic with replacement panels from his design. I think he has a logical approach to a reasonably priced renovation. The next steps for me is to define what this means for an average owner in terms of effort and cost.

• Like 1

What's the time frame on this party? And will Bruce have anything to see at Oshkosh? I know David Staffeldt plans to be there all week with his C and its new cowl.

No time frame as of yet. I'll ask him about Oshkosh.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2