March Mooney Breakfast Flight - Chester Co / Carlson (MQS) Coatsville, PA, Saturday, March 12th - 9:00 Arrival

*******LOCATION CHANGE - Now MQS *******

***Weather is set for VFR for our breakfast flight.  See everyone tomorrow a few more RSVPs have come in but I'm not updating the list****

The March Mooney Breakfast Flight will be this weekend, Saturday, March 12th at KMQS - Chester County / Carlson - Coatsville, PA.  Arrival is 9:00 AM.  

We have 7 Mooney's, 2 Bonanza's, and a Tiger confirmed thus far.  I'll update the list as we receive RSVPs.  Feel free to invite guests, other pilots, and any type of aircraft.

We'll watch weather of course, which looks good right now.  Last month, we had 5 aircraft and 9 individuals.  4 aircraft cancelled due to weather and rightfully so.  The flight up was easy (as you can see from Oscar's video http://mooneyspace.com/topic/17887-flying-to-the-kgai-mooney-breakfast-in-hagerstown-pa/#comment-260532) the flight back not so; some just beat out the rain, and others filed IFR to get home.

Fuel at KMQS is a discounted price of $4.75 full service with Signature (Usually $6.09 - the GM gave us a very nice discount).  Make sure you are on the discount list (I negotiated $1.34 off per gallon - say you are with me, Seth Meyers, or the Mooney Flight - even if you are not a Mooney).  Also, by eating at the restaurant the security and handling fee is waived even if you don't buy fuel.   The Flying Machine Cafe is located inside the main terminal.  Sorry for the location change, but the restaurant where we were originally headed didn't open until later this Saturday.

The Monthly Mooney Breakfast Flights began with the eight Mooney Pilots at KGAI and has expanded to the entire Mid-Atlantic region.  Each month a location in the Mid-Atlantic region will be chosen and a date will be set for the breakfast flight.  Breakfast will typically be a 9:00 AM arrival.  I'll work to procure fuel discounts when possible.  Posts to MooneySpace and the NJ Mooney Pilots group will be made as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you plan to attend so I can give the restaurant at KMQS The Flying Machine Cafe a proper headcount.

See you Saturday!

-Seth

------- Attendees Listed Below ----------

Attendees:  Updated March 11th @ 11:16 PM

Seth - GAI - M20J Missile 300

Bob - W42 - V Tail Bonanza

John - FDK - V Tail Bonanza

Chris - Delware - M20F

Peter - NJ - M20J + 1

Dan - KILG - M20M Bravo

Tim - GAI - M20E + 1

Paul - 1N7 - M20M Bravo + 1

Steve - NJ - M20J

Alan - NJ - 182

Brad - Mooney

Glenn- NJ - Mooney

Maybe

Adam - Needs a ride from 3N6 or BLM in NJ - His Ovation is down for maintenance 

--------------------------------

• Like 1

LOCATION CHANGE - already edited above.

We are now flying to  MQS on Saturday, still a 9AM arrival.  The restaurant at the other location doesn't open until later on Saturday.

The March Mooney Breakfast Flight will be this weekend, Saturday, March 12th at KMQS - Chester County / Carlson - Coatsville, PA.  Arrival is 9:00 AM.  

Fuel at KMQS is a discounted price of $4.75 full service with Signature (Usually $6.09 - the GM gave us a very nice discount).  Make sure you are on the discount list (I negotiated $1.34 off per gallon - say you are with me, Seth Meyers, or the Mooney Flight - even if you are not a Mooney).  Also, by eating at the restaurant the security and handling fee is waived even if you don't buy fuel.   The Flying Machine Cafe is located inside the main terminal.  Sorry for the location change, but the restaurant where we were originally headed didn't open until later this Saturday.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Seth

LOCATION CHANGE - already edited above.

We are now flying to  MQS on Saturday, still a 9AM arrival.  The restaurant at the other location doesn't open until later on Saturday.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Seth

Jeepers Seth! I can now walk to the breakfast. BTW -- the UNDISCOUNTED price of 100LL at my airport (N57), 9 NM south, is $3.99/gallon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Jeepers Seth! I can now walk to the breakfast. BTW -- the UNDISCOUNTED price of 100LL at my airport (N57), 9 NM south, is $3.99/gallon.

$2.95 in the Midwest, it makes me cry what I am going to have to pay on East Coast...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seth said:

Will anyone be coming through by NJ around:  3N6 or BLM?  

Adam needs a ride from 3N6 or BLM in NJ - His Ovation is down for maintenance

-Seth

Still need someone to pick up Adam as noted above.  Now that we are going to MQS, does that work for anyone?

1 hour ago, Seth said:

Still need someone to pick up Adam as noted above.  Now that we are going to MQS, does that work for anyone?

I finally got my plane from the annual today. Short flight from N87 to BLM. I could probably make it on Saturday and take Adam with me from BLM. It depends how my day will go tomorrow. I would really like to fly in the pattern for few hours to make sure all is good. I can confirm tomorrow by the end of the day if it is not too late. 

Bob Ross

9 minutes ago, MooneyBob said:

I finally got my plane from the annual today. Short flight from N87 to BLM. I could probably make it on Saturday and take Adam with me from BLM. It depends how my day will go tomorrow. I would really like to fly in the pattern for few hours to make sure all is good. I can confirm tomorrow by the end of the day if it is not too late. 

Bob Ross

Thanks Bob-

I'll let Adam know!  I'll PM you for contact info.

-Seth

Mike,

Congratulations on the big move.  47N always has the lowest price fuel in NJ.  Pizza n' Pasta, just down the hill makes a nice lunch stop.

You should have come out for the December fly-in.  You would have experienced the whole NJ Mooney thing.

Best regards,

-a-

13 hours ago, Seth said:

3.89 at DMW.

I had it at $3.89 at GED who out of staters have a tax discount if another 23 cents for $3.66 PPG!

But at least we got it down to $4.75 from over $6 at the fly in at MQS.

It's less at my home field at 4.29! 

Any other incentive now that fuel price is out?

Like autographs from Chris' "women"? Can it be worked out at this late stage for him to "reposition" them for a showing? Seems close enough to truck them in and display them on a trailer but I may be wrong. I don't know the logistics involved for such a complex operation!

13 hours ago, M20F said:

$2.95 in the Midwest, it makes me cry what I am going to have to pay on East Coast...

Mike at least your moving to an airport with affordable fuel for our area.  KILG is still 5.99.  Theft

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Seth said: 3.89 at DMW.

I had it at $3.89 at GED who out of staters have a tax discount if another 23 cents for $3.66 PPG!

But at least we got it down to $4.75 from over $6 at the fly in at MQS.

Like autographs from Chris' "women"? Can it be worked out at this late stage for him to "reposition" them for a showing? Seems close enough to truck them in on a trailer but I may be wrong. I don't know the logistics involved for such a complex operation!

It is a very simple process Peter. We herd them up and then we create a stampede. They can't wait to get their arms around you!

b3516d9fa9596279dfb55bf053a7a056.jpg

45 minutes ago, StevenL757 said:

Seth...count me in from KISP.  Not sure if my "+1" will join, but in either case, if the ride falls through for Adam, he can hitch with me.

Great!  I'll let Adam know that you are the backup should Bob not come.  PM me your email and phone number.

-Seth

1 hour ago, PTK said:

Like autographs from Chris' "women"? Can it be worked out at this late stage for him to "reposition" them for a showing? Seems close enough to truck them in and display them on a trailer but I may be wrong. I don't know the logistics involved for such a complex operation!

Another reason:

Alan just let me know he's attending in his still new to him 182 with Garmin Radios for sale in the back and any spare parts anyone needs.  PM me for Alan's phone number and email, or PM him yourself.  As we all know he has a ton of Mooney spare parts.

-Seth