*SOLD* 1978 Mooney 201 (Aspen 2500, 430W, Gorgeous P&I)

As the owner of the plane, I became well versed with Section 45 of the FAR’s before I undertook the paint project.  The relevant section for the size and location of my marks is 45.22b, which states the following (I have crossed out words that do not apply to my plane):

§45.22   Exhibition, antique, and other aircraft: Special rules.

b.  A small U.S.-registered aircraft built at least 30 years ago or a U.S.-registered aircraft for which an experimental certificate has been issued under §21.191(d) or 21.191(g) for operation as an exhibition aircraft or as an amateur-built aircraft and which has the same external configuration as an aircraft built at least 30 years ago may be operated without displaying marks in accordance with §§45.21 and 45.23 through 45.33 if:

(1) It displays in accordance with §45.21c marks at least 2 inches high on each side of the fuselage or vertical tail surface consisting of the Roman capital letter “N” followed by:

(i) The U.S. registration number of the aircraft;

Thanks, When positions of intent are written by the legal FAA team, they sometimes can take on quite a bit of misdirection and ambiguity for the sake of clarity, and the ability of selective interpretation. Clearly, Once a plane reaches 30 years old, it is eligible to revert to 2" numbers it appears. I didn't see a price for your beautiful plane, do you mind sharing publicly what you are asking for it? I am not currently in the market for a Mooney, but am exposed to many that are.

Thanks, When positions of intent are written by the legal FAA team, they sometimes can take on quite a bit of misdirection and ambiguity for the sake of clarity, and the ability of selective interpretation. Clearly, Once a plane reaches 30 years old, it is eligible to revert to 2" numbers it appears. I didn't see a price for your beautiful plane, do you mind sharing publicly what you are asking for it? I am not currently in the market for a Mooney, but am exposed to many that are.

It's in the first post, Mike.  $149k.  I don't even want to know how much was poured into this beautiful plane.  It is a very nice price IMO.

It's in the first post, Mike.  $149k.  I don't even want to know how much was poured into this beautiful plane.  It is a very nice price IMO.

If someone will pay $99,900 for a "Re-Imagined" C152 or $159,900 for an Ascend C172, they should really consider this Mooney.

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2015/July/20/New-Ascend-Skyhawk-is-fully-transformed

If someone will pay $99,900 for a "Re-Imagined" C152 or $159,900 for an Ascend C172, they should really consider this Mooney.

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2015/July/20/New-Ascend-Skyhawk-is-fully-transformed

Isn't a re-imagined 152, the AMD CH2000 of which can be had on the open market for $40-50k with a EHSI (I know the 3308 has it's issues).  It amazing to think someone would openly pony up that kinda coin for either of those and not consider a Mooney, a Beech, or 10 other options that are better values for their money, but then again, some guy once made a million bucks selling rocks...

the amd ch2000 is indeed a comparable airplane to a 150/152. ten years ago I did my first 50 hours through solo and check ride in one - it's a good forgiving airplane (and slow!). it was new in 2002. I did see that very same airplane for sale recently got about 40k... and it came with a gns430 and an electronic Sandel hsi.

Is $149K for a beautiful '78 Mooney with a 1,400 hour engine, a very suspect useful load, and lots of new equipment in it a reasonable price? 

For me, I would prefer a 201 that's 15+ years younger and hasn't been so modified by people that aren't answerable to me.

Mooneypilot, it is an excellent price.

It amazes me how we've been brainwashed by this dogma that "...we'll never be able to recoup the money we put into taking care of our planes..." And I ask why not??

That's a very good price! Don't budge. Not even a dime!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...