Bought some cheap AvGas $4.69 a gallon

ryoder

I bought the cheapest AvGas I have ever bought yesterday at $4.69 per gallon at Marion County Airport X35. That is well over a dollar cheaper than they have full service at my home base KCLW in Clearwater Florida. Then I googled and found that KLEE in Leesburg has it for $4.50! That is my next destination.

Anyone get any good deals lately?

• Like 1

Airplanes get more fun when you can afford to fill them...

Cash price for regular gas in NJ... $2.67 at Costco

Pre-Katrina pricing!

It appears that our gas pricing is directly related to the commodity price of crude oil around the world, which has been dropping wildly over the last weeks.

Lower fuel prices will be good for most people, planes and the economy.

Best regards,

-a-

2R0 

39 NE Waynesboro Municipal Airport   Waynesboro, MS Waynesboro Municipal Airport    SS     $4.55

Seems like avgas lags way behind auto gas when prices are going down, but when prices rise, avgas leads.... :(

I groused about the cost of fuel when I bought my first plane....it was $1.60/gallon, now I rejoice when it drops below $5.

The price of avgas gets all the attention, but the price of aviation oil is the real story.....When I was buying avgas at $1.60, I was buying a case of W100 for $23.

Anyone bought a case of oil lately? :o     It never seems to go down.

Anyone bought a case of oil lately? :o     It never seems to go down.

I had a local guy do an oil change for me and I bought a case of 20W50 XC and it cost me $102.00 Cdn (about $96.00 USD).  About $8.50 Cdn per quart.

What happens when people get cheap and put motor oil in the crankcase? There should be a mooil stc :)

Funny you should say this.

The broker I bought my Mooney from was a Mooney-nut.  He had an older C and and F which he operated out of his own (very short) grass strip.  He was a retired engineering type (Ford Motor company, I think) and he told me that he ran auto oil (Havoline 10W-30) ONLY in his personal planes.  He'd flown them that way for years.

He said the worst modern auto oil was better than the best aviation oil and maintained that aviation-specific oil was nothing but a money making scam.

God rest his soul, he passed several years ago.  I have no idea who is now flying his planes.  I wonder if the present owners know they'd been operated on Mo-oil for years.

If you want to see a "variation", look at the Airnav.com fuel finder.  Put CTJ in the search window.  Avgas goes from $8.99 (yes, really) to $4.90 today.

So....if someone is making money at $4.90, how much margin is "someone" seeing priced at $8.99/gallon?

Impressive marketing, I'd say.   :ph34r: