New Interior Poll

HopePilot

New Interior Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. New Interior Poll

Many thanks to AeroComfort for putting up with all my notes and ideas.  We finished up today and the results are exactly as imagined.  The main goal was to avoid the dreaded rear-seat issue that plagues early 80 Mooneys.  I'll post more pics tomorrow.  

post-357-13468141035151_thumb.jpg

post-357-13468141035436_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

My yokes were done previously by AeroComfort.  I ended up losing a few pounds as I took the opportunity to get rid of the ADF anchor on the belly of my plane (and another Loran antenna).  With less drag I am hoping for an extra knot or two...  Oh, and that's Ultraleather which is much softer/buttery than the leather in our Mercedes.  I wanted it to look as good in ten years as it does today, even though the price is a wash.

Well, the back-up plan was to go with an avocado-green plaid with a crushed velvet headliner.  Kind of a tribute to the interior plane designs of the 70's.  You know, just to avoid doing the cool, modern look everyone goes for.    

Nice seats, I hope to take mine down next year and have Aero Comfort do it.  Did you have the plastic Ultra Leathered as well and what is your impression of it.  I find my seats have hot spots in them and after 2hours they start to kill me, did Aero help with the design to eliminate such torture.

Another fine job by the pros at Aero Comfort! Very Nice.

Those headrests both look good and seem like they would be very comfortable. Where did you get the idea for them, or is it something that Hector is now offering?

If you don't mind, can you tell us what they cost?

I may have to get back to San Antonio soon ;-)

Quote: HopePilot

Well, the back-up plan was to go with an avocado-green plaid with a crushed velvet headliner.  Kind of a tribute to the interior plane designs of the 70's.  You know, just to avoid doing the cool, modern look everyone goes for.    

• 10 months later...

Mooneys with removable rear seats (from '82) have a very rectangular shape that resists looking cool even after people throw money at them. I don't want to post any examples, lest I offend someone, but we solved the problem by simulating the shape of the front seats (lots of foam sculpting).

Now that I see what Elvis did with his plane, though, I'm having a little buyer's remorse. That looks a thousand percent more groovy and could have added a little disco ball...I don't know what I was thinking?

Plane is in the shop getting painted so expect yet another trademarked ridiculous poll coming soon.

• 4 weeks later...