ForeFlight year end review

Mine is not as ‘active’ as others with all the maintenance done last year but I came close to 100 hours again (almost 3 months down in maintenance last year)…

IMG_0253.jpeg

• Like 2

I'd love to see this feature as a "year to year" or as a "lifetime log" recap.  I sent an email to ForeFlight asking about that.  Would be cool to see with various date filters, but it's pretty fun to look at in general.  Told one of my buddies that his recap looks like Johnny Cash's song...

• Like 1

I don't use FF (I'm an Android user), but I made my own.  ;)

Not nearly as much long-distance travel this year, since we sold the mine and our cabin in SoDak.    Fingers crossed to do more this year.

image.png.4edafcfdb05b7710374bb464f081b1a9.png

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, PeteMc said:

What did you use to make your map?  FF, at the moment, doesn't let you go back to prior years.  So it might be fun to look back in history.

Great Circle Mapper.   Got the link from somebody else here a while back.

http://www.gcmap.com/

• Like 2

I don’t use foreflight but here’s a poor man’s imitation. 

Doesn’t look like much but I’d been down to Florida 5 times. Tampa area twice, Naples twice, Fort Lauderdale. Also out to Dallas, Chicago, and Roanoke.

IMG_4108.jpeg.ff1aca5a1a4dd237c00fda042153c31a.jpeg

• Like 3

How do you guys get FF to keep track of your flights? I use it on every single flight, but it does not seem to remember where I went. (I have never used its logbook feature, maybe that is the problem. How does one use it?)

5 minutes ago, AndreiC said:

How do you guys get FF to keep track of your flights? I use it on every single flight, but it does not seem to remember where I went. (I have never used its logbook feature, maybe that is the problem. How does one use it?)

I'm pretty sure it mines this data from the logbook. The map above only shows what I have logged in foreflight. I like the Foreflight logbook. I was using a logbook program I wrote in the 90s until I got Foreflight. I migrated all the data into Foreflight and just use it now.

I used Foreflight on a bunch of airline flights last year and none of them showed up in the map.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndreiC said:

If you tap Logbook at the bottom menu (bottom right, next to More) of your iPad, you will see a column on the left with all your flights. If the flight is not in your Logbook, underneath the flight you will see "Data from ForeFlight Track Log" in magenta. Tap on the flight and on the right you will see the flight with Delete or Approve. Tap Approve and the flight will be added to your Logbook. After you upload (download?) all the flights to your logbook, FF will give you the Recap in the Web version.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sue Bon said:

If you tap Logbook at the bottom menu (bottom right, next to More) of your iPad, you will see a column on the left with all your flights. If the flight is not in your Logbook, underneath the flight you will see "Data from ForeFlight Track Log" in magenta. Tap on the flight and on the right you will see the flight with Delete or Approve. Tap Approve and the flight will be added to your Logbook. After you upload (download?) all the flights to your logbook, FF will give you the Recap in the Web version.

The item at the bottom menu (bottom right, next to More) is the last thing you selected from the More menu.  If you selected ScratchPads last, the item next to More is ScratchPads.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Fly Boomer said:

The item at the bottom menu (bottom right, next to More) is the last thing you selected from the More menu.  If you selected ScratchPads last, the item next to More is ScratchPads.

Oh. Oops. Thanks.

In that case, select Logbook from the More menu....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sue Bon said:

My problem is that even though I used FF a lot, on every flight, the "Data from ForeFlight Track Log" listings are basically only one in 10-15 flights. Most flights don't show up at all. I was looking now through my settings, and the only one that seems to make sense is the "Enable Auto Start/Stop" under "Track Log". Mine is Off. Maybe that's why my FF does not track my flights? Can someone for whom the logging works confirm that theirs is set up to On?