ForeFlight year end review

3 minutes ago, AndreiC said:

My problem is that even though I used FF a lot, on every flight, the "Data from ForeFlight Track Log" listings are basically only one in 10-15 flights. Most flights don't show up at all. I was looking now through my settings, and the only one that seems to make sense is the "Enable Auto Start/Stop" under "Track Log". Mine is Off. Maybe that's why my FF does not track my flights? Can someone for whom the logging works confirm that theirs is set up to On?

Mine is set to on.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rick Junkin said:

Apparently I made a flight to Kingaroy, Queensland Australia that I somehow forgot about?! I can't find that sortie in my Foreflight logbook, track logs, or flights.Image1-7-24at2_38PM.jpg.80007cb041302cb4192e599098e78332.jpg

What did that fuel cost you :D

• Haha 2

Google also tracks your movement.  You can turn off the notifications of such tracking, but the tracking continues as long as you carry a communications device.

Here's a year in the life of a fractional pilot...

20240107_145300.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RoundTwo said:

GP isn’t as fancy but does give a report.

Getting a Report in FF is also very simple.  But it would be nice if they let you pick a year or All flights.

I do have a Google Map with all the Airports I've landed at.  But a quick year-by-year graphic would be nice to add to go back and add to my Annual Logbook Backups.

5 hours ago, AndreiC said:

How do you guys get FF to keep track of your flights? I use it on every single flight, but it does not seem to remember where I went. (I have never used its logbook feature, maybe that is the problem. How does one use it?)

Yep, need to use the Logbook.  That's where they pull the data from.

1 hour ago, AndreiC said:

"Enable Auto Start/Stop" under "Track Log". Mine is Off. Maybe that's why my FF does not track my flights? Can someone for whom the logging works confirm that theirs is set up to On?

Noooo......   People are always commenting on all sorts of issues with Auto Start/Stop.   My suggestion would be to go to the More Menu > Settings > in the Search/Filter line type in TRACK (basically where I think you were).  Change Enable Start/Stop Control to ON.  Now on the Left side of the Map you'll see a REC with a timer under it.  I'd make it part of your Checklist and Habit that you Start the Engine, check the gauges and then Tap REC.  You Stop the engine you Stop REC.  You do one, you do the other.   

Actually, there would be so little time difference, you might even want to hit the REC button first and then Start the engine.  Then if there are any surprises that you have to focus on, it won't mess you up getting your Track Log.   I'd also suggest you Accept the Track Log every day when you're iPad is connected to the Internet and then go confirm the Logbook entry and modify as needed to make the Logbook correct, the Track Log is a "Feature" some people like, but you Logbook needs to be correct.  So don't let the Track Logs stack up and then when you Accept them you really don't remember if the times, etc. are correct.

Edited by PeteMc