Replacement DG - 67F

3 hours ago, gwav8or said:

Looks like I'm gonna need to replace/repair/overhaul the DG on my 67F.  The current DC is original.  Any sources for a replacement?  I'll try to get a part number later today.

Now is your opportunity to replace it with an affordable Garmin G5. There are nicer more expensive options but I couldn't see putting a gyro back in; especially if your an instrument pilot.

1 hour ago, gwav8or said:

Yeah, i'll be doing G5s eventually.  Just don't really want to do it right now.  But if he has to buy a brand new one, then I'll consider it.

You don't include your location, but here is one repair station that specialized in instrument work with very reasonable prices. Once you have a part # they can give you an estimate to IRAN it. http://www.instrumentoverhaul.com/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kortopates said:

You don't include your location, but here is one repair station that specialized in instrument work with very reasonable prices. Once you have a part # they can give you an estimate to IRAN it. http://www.instrumentoverhaul.com/

I had them overhaul my DG last year.  I think any of the shops can do it.  They're a pain to remove though.  Had to pull my radio stack and trays to get it out.  

On 8/11/2022 at 9:25 AM, gwav8or said:

Looks like I'm gonna need to replace/repair/overhaul the DG on my 67F.  The current DC is original.  Any sources for a replacement?  I'll try to get a part number later today.

if by original, you mean the small 2 1/2" DG that came with our 67Fs, then yes, I have one on the shelf.  it was working when removed.  been on the shelf in dry storage since 2017 or 18 though.

21959A07-761F-40D3-A070-5F858DD74689.jpeg

Edited by Browncbr1

1 minute ago, Browncbr1 said:

if by original, you mean the small 2 1/2" DG that came with our 67Fs, then yes, I have one on the shelf.  it was working when removed.  been on the shelf in dry storage since 2017 or 18 though.

Yeah, that's the one  I potentially need. I won't know for sure until Saturday.  If I do need it, I'll let you know.  Do you happen to have a part number?