Mooney specific mechanics

Casey020

Hello,

Do any of you have some recommendations for mechanics that have a lot of experience with Mooneys or Mooney specific mechanics that are as close to KSAV as possible?  I'm looking for a mechanic that will be my go to when something comes up.

As always, thank you very much!

Best,

Casey 

1 hour ago, Ned Gravel said:

Casey:  they may prefer that you are more invested than “when things come up.”  I have found that relationship to one of the most important ones for Mooney ownership.  

Just sayin’.   

I would be more invested after I find a good one. And "when things come up" was more of a "when anything is wrong" 

Unfortunately, there are no Mooney Service Centers really close to you, but Cole Aviation (KDNN), AGL Aviation (KMRN), and Daytona Aircraft Service (KDAB) are three with good reputations, albeit about 200 or so nm from you. As for non-MSC mechanics, there may be some others on here who can point you in the direction of one closer to KSAV.

• Like 3

You are probably no more than 45 minutes from Daytona. I haven’t used the MSC there but they have a good reputation from what I can tell here. Joe Cole’s shop in Dalton is who I use and they are great but a good bit farther away from Savannah.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am based at KSSI and commute to Cole in Dalton. 2 other Mooneys on our field, one also uses Cole, other uses a guy out of Jacksonville although I don’t have his info. Seems to work good having a neighbor, as we regularly use each other as chase planes to and fro.