Sun N Fun 2011

201guy

Yeah, I'm totally lost by that exchange, too, but maybe I'm missing something. I really want to get to SnF again this year but I may have to be in California through the 1st. So hopefully the weekend weather will be good.

I was working on a group of my CAP frineds to go and camp for a night.  Jeff, I was counting on you joining us.  You need to get your schedule priorites straight.   Maybe we will go on the weekend.  Would love to meet other Mooney-ites there.

I will be there at least one day. Working on the EMS helicopter. Stop by the tent for a looksie if you would like. It is amazing, last year we had special low level cooridors in and out that were published but the tower nor the helo folks had a clue about the checkpoints we were calling. Hope it gets better.

My hangar is at PCM and I fly over to Sun in Fun every year. A lot of people will fly in and then drive over. But the whole point for me is to fly.

We should get a mooney caravan out of PCM depart southbound turning east to lake parker. Thats how I go every year and makes for a 15 min ride.

I'm sure we could get quite a few planes. 

post-1398-1346813927845_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Quote: LT4BIRD

My hangar is at PCM and I fly over to Sun in Fun every year. A lot of people will fly in and then drive over. But the whole point for me is to fly.

We should get a mooney caravan out of PCM depart southbound turning east to lake parker. Thats how I go every year and makes for a 15 min ride.

I'm sure we could get quite a few planes. 

Anyone have suggestions for camping at Sun-n-Fun this year? From what I've found, I'm thinking of using the GAC (General Aviation Camping) area. One question I have is whether there are tie down rings or whether I would need to buy some auger style tie down spikes for tying the M20F down on grass.

This will be my first Sun-n-Fun experience, so any advice is appreciated.

Alisha

Quote: leesh

Anyone have suggestions for camping at Sun-n-Fun this year? From what I've found, I'm thinking of using the GAC (General Aviation Camping) area. One question I have is whether there are tie down rings or whether I would need to buy some auger style tie down spikes for tying the M20F down on grass.

This will be my first Sun-n-Fun experience, so any advice is appreciated.

Alisha

You can buy several sets of tie down spikes with rope for what our EAA friends will "rent" them to you for.

I pay a few bucks to park on the FBO hard surface, but again our EAA friends have make the transportation from there to the show a PIA in the last two or three years.

I have been to Sun 'n Fun three times. 

Camped in GAC each time.  Short taxi in rough grass field.  (shorter than KOSH to the North 40...)

Bring your own tie downs.  Also remember to bring a hammer.  It is hard sand that neither wants to accept the tied down "nails" nor does it want to give them back when it is over.

Also remember to print out your signs in advance:  "GAC" for camping  "GAP" for parking etc...  This helps the volunteer ground handlers point you in the right direction.

Print the notam and keep it with you.....

remember to go slow when transitioning from paved to grass surface.

Bring warm clothes, the title of the show is sometimes mis-leading

These are thoughts that come to mind.....

Best regards,

-a-

Go to walmart pet section and buy dog tiedowns. No hammer needed they screw in plus there cheap.

Bring a large hat and sunscreen. You will be burnt.

It has never been cold. I live local 40 years. Flew in the last seven.

As far as the caravan? Looks like its a flight of one. LOL.  The "Cub" guys said they had fifty planes last year to caravan. Ten showed up.

The mooney list is weak

1. ME

2. ?

3. ?

4. ?

5. ?