Insurance Increases

Releew

Has anyone noticed and increase in insurance costs this year?  I recently received a letter from my insurance company stating.... they will insure the aircraft but cannot provide the current premium price.  I expect a slight increase, but when I called to inquire it was over $500.00.  I've never had a aviation related claim, ever!  I was told... based on an increase of claims in my class/brand of aircraft, insurance on this equipment went up significantly.  I am looking elsewhere!

Are you all seeing this as well????

Rick

Has anyone noticed and increase in insurance costs this year?  I recently received a letter from my insurance company stating.... they will insure the aircraft but cannot provide the current premium price.  I expect a slight increase, but when I called to inquire it was over $500.00.  I've never had a aviation related claim, ever!  I was told... based on an increase of claims in my class/brand of aircraft, insurance on this equipment went up significantly.  I am looking elsewhere!
Are you all seeing this as well????

Rick

I'll let you know soon; my renewal is out for quotes right now. Like Don I ditched AIG last year due to a big price hike and found a much better deal. AOPA is my current broker but I hear great things about Falcon too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those of you with USAA might check out Falcon. I have my non-owners insurance through them that I got prior to my first solo flight. I didn't bother to see what the difference was between Falcon's regular rates and what I was being offered as a USAA member, but the rates they gave me as a USAA member beat AOPA and the others that I shopped with.

Call Cliff at Falcon and tell him Mooneyspace sent you :)

He renewed mine in August for a nice reduction in premiums. I had asked him about the rumors about rates going up and if memory serves me correctly he didn't think that was the case across the board. Which he then proved with the improved quote .

Robert

21 minutes ago, bradp said:

Cliff since 2012- he's always been responsive and tries to find the best value for my needs. 

Me, too, except I didn't move to him until 2014. Saved 20% the first year!and going down ever since. The key is flight hours each year, safety training and time with instructors.

• 3 weeks later...

As promised here's an update to my October 19 post:

AOPA is my broker. After my previous company (AIG) proposed a large rate increase at the end of 2015 I switched to Global. The new Global renewal quote came in yesterday at the exact same rate as in 2016 (no increase for December 2016 - December 2017). I'm paying just over $1,000 for the standard coverage and a $90K hull value with ~600 time in type and an instrument rating.