Shelter Cove, CA landing

wishboneash

Wow.. nice approach! Great video.Would add this place to a must land at, but doesnt look like theres much to do there other than land and say Aaah? :) Is there a town to walk to? May have to go there one day anyway when i finally get my go pro going one of these days just to take a video like yours!

• Like 1

There are some B&Bs and camping near the field. There is just one grocery store with supplies and a restaurant. It is very remote (in terms of road access) so hardly any automobile traffic gets there unless someone wants to go there specifically. There is a seal colony and a black sand beach to the south.

My wife and I flew there back in our Cessna days. Real remote and quite. The hotel at the N/W end of the runway is very nice and they will let you use the van to drive the loop. Nearest town is a long ways away. 

39 minutes ago, Joe Zuffoletto said:

I think your strobe is creating horizontal white artifacts in your video.

Shelter Cove is beautiful, and that was a beautiful video!

Yes.The strobe high-voltage discharge interferes with the GoPro. They are pretty close together. Nice catch!