Mooney Summit II Oct 24-26, Panama City Beach

mike_elliott

The second Mooney Summit will be held in Panama City Beach October 24-26th.[1] Returning to present again will be Dr. Ron Dubin (physiological factors) CarolAnn Garratt (a 3 hour companion flying course) Mike Elliott (human factors) Roger Gradle (engine management) and the must see Max Gurgew (V speeds). Joining these subject matter experts will be Don Maxwell (maintenance and your Mooney), Jay Spears (Bendix King ADSB and where we are with it), Tom McDermott (accident analysis and human factors), Jolie Lucas and Mitch Latting (Boots on the ground – the men and women of Mooney) and Wallace Moran (Pilot workshops – training based scenarios). These will all be wings credit events so make sure when you register, you use the address you used for your wings account.
While there will not be any formal flight regimes scheduled, there are a number of Mooney specific CFIs at the Summit that you are encouraged to speak with and possibly arrange wings credit flight activities, counting towards BFR's and IPC's
Additionally, we would like to announce the formation of a Mooney Summit on the west coast. Thanks to each of you, the Mooney Summit has become so successful, that the need to expand the geographic reach is evident. Phil Corman, editor of the Mooney Flyer and board member of the Mooney Summit along with his Mooney flyer partner Jim Price will spearhead this event, and hope each of you that were unable to attend the first 2 events because of logistics, can make the Mooney Summit West. We will post more on this event here soon.
Please visit www.mooneysummit.com to register for this event. Reservations are limited to the first 75 pilots who respond, with a limited number of standby’s accepted.  Please contact the front desk of the Origin at Sea haven beach resort for the Mooney Summit special rates for accommodations. Their phone number is 888-607-0006.

[1]This event is being held in memory of the late William Gilliland, who lost his life last July in his Mooney Bravo while on a training flight. Bill exemplified the mission of the Summit to “better the breed”. As an attendee of the first Summit, Bill jumped in to help put the second event on, volunteering to manage the registration and website.  During the course of his and his family’s misfortune, We have learned there is a real need for providing immediate therapy and help to survivors and family of accident victims. As a result, the Board of the Mooney Summit has set up the William Gilliland endowment where excess donations to the Summit and specific donations will be used to address this very real need that isn’t covered by insurance, or other normal channels. Administering this will be my wife, Alice Elliott and Jolie Lucas, both licensed professional therapist. We ask that each of you consider making a donation to enable this all important help during a time of need for survivors of a Mooney tragedy. Donations can be made via paypal, mike_elliott@hotmail.com or please feel free to email me at iwannadonate@aviating.com Donations from industry and participants are what make this event happen and what will allow this great legacy to move forward.

On behalf of myself, Dr. Dubin, and the rest of the Mooney Summit Board,

Fly Safe

Mike Elliott

• Like 1

This is the handiwork of my son Nick, not me. He put this together in short order Sunday and we back tested yesterday. We will be taking some standby's also.

I have registered and I believe I filled everything right but I didn't received any confirmation email. How can I verify my registration?

Thank you

Ya'll're killing me!

I cain't make it! Two freakin years in a row . . . This weekend is now reserved in 2015, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. My wife would enjoy, and benefit from, Carol Ann's class, too, dad-gummit.

Have fun without me . . . again.

Mike

What's the agenda / schedule  for each day?

I'm working on the seminar lineup right now for each day. There are only 6 spots left for registration, and once that is complete, I will email everyone the tentative schedule of who is doing what presentation when. This summit is getting a lot of traction, interest from Germany, Brazil, Mexico and Kuwait. The FAAsteam program manager for the region has really got behind this and will make even better things happen for us going forward.

• Like 2

I just signed up. 

Anybody out there attending that has a room with an extra bed for the president of the CB club?

October is going to be a good month 3 weekends 3 different states all by Mooney or at least that is the plan.

:) Don't be too cheap John, the summit is powered by donations from the participants and industry. As of now I don't have enough collected to fund the reception catering. That said, we have ONE seat left of the 76 max before we go into standby only mode. All in a day and a half's work....

I am sure there are a couple of guys here on the list that can work something out with you, as the condo's can sleep more than one.

:) Don't be too cheap John, the summit is powered by donations from the participants and industry. As of now I don't have enough collected to fund the reception catering. That said, we have ONE seat left of the 76 max before we go into standby only mode. All in a day and a half's work....

I am sure there are a couple of guys here on the list that can work something out with you, as the condo's can sleep more than one.

Mike

No, not too cheap just trying to be efficient on lodging if at all possible ( I do own a Mooney one of the most efficient planes around for a reason). Besides if I can save on the room I can donate more. :)

I have not called yet but what are the special rates they have for us?

I do know they have efficiency’s up to 3 or 4 BDR.

Mike

No, not too cheap just trying to be efficient on lodging if at all possible ( I do own a Mooney one of the most efficient planes around for a reason). Besides if I can save on the room I can donate more. :)

I have not called yet but what are the special rates they have for us?

I do know they have efficiency’s up to 3 or 4 BDR.

Hi John,  

I didn't mean to infer you were to cheap at all, as I lead that club :) Honestly, you will probably get an offer from one of the attendee's to share a condo from this post, but If not, call them and get the info. The rates are varied based on what you want, but I don't know what they are off the top of my head. I know they are substantially reduced from their normal rates for our Summit

Hi John,

I didn't mean to infer you were to cheap at all, as I lead that club :) Honestly, you will probably get an offer from one of the attendee's to share a condo from this post, but If not, call them and get the info. The rates are varied based on what you want, but I don't know what they are off the top of my head. I know they are substantially reduced from their normal rates for our Summit

Someone say "cheap"? :)

Guys and gals let's see if we can help raise some more money for this event.

I'm in for $100 donation. If I understood correctly Mike said it's almost at capacity, 76, and we haven't raised enough to pay for the food.

I'm sure a lot of people signed up already just haven't gotten around to throwing a few bucks in the pot by contributing to the pay pal account mike set up at mike_elliott@hotmail.com but if you could let's help ease the concerns of those who are organizing the event by contributing now instead of later.

$20, $50, $100 $500 if your going throw something in the pot please.

Take care all!!!

• Like 2

Guys and gals let's see if we can help raise some more money for this event.

I'm in for $100 donation. If I understood correctly Mike said it's almost at capacity, 76, and we haven't raised enough to pay for the food.

I'm sure a lot of people signed up already just haven't gotten around to throwing a few bucks in the pot by contributing to the pay pal account mike set up at mike_elliott@hotmail.com but if you could let's help ease the concerns of those who are organizing the event by contributing now instead of later.

$20, $50, $100 $500 if your going throw something in the pot please.

Take care all!!!

I'm good for donating, but I think it should be proportional to the plane.  For example, Acclaim owners should put up at least a grand, while C model owners should donate $1-5.   :D

• Like 1