Flying is a lonely business

Haha....Joe.  

11000 on the way there and 6000 on the way home so I don't think that's it.  It happens all the time especially with my wife.  She gets ill easily (although she's never had to use a barf bag) and likes to immediately lay her head to the side and go to sleep.  The kids generally command the music and play their games.  I wish either of them had a tiny bit of interest in leaning some things but they just don't.  Oh well...........perhaps when they're older.

My wife tends to sleep as well, although in part because of the Dramamine she takes to prevent motion sickness. The truth is she hasn't ever been sick in my airplane, but she takes it anyway "just in case."

• Like 1

My wife tends to sleep as well, although in part because of the Dramamine she takes to prevent motion sickness. The truth is she hasn't ever been sick in my airplane, but she takes it anyway "just in case."

You do tell her that if it gets uncomfortable you can always change altitude or even land, unlike commercial planes, you don't have to press on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeff_S - You may want to try gel based scopolamine. It is a prescription; but, my wife is very prone to motion sickness and this has been the best we've ever found. It comes in a syringe (no needle) and she applies it to her wrist about 30 minutes prior to flight. Doesn't make her sleepy and allows her to enjoy the trip both in the air and on arrival.

I have the same situation on every flight on my old Beech sundowner, my 8 year old son slepts trough 3.5 h of turbulence while sitting in front seat the other day and my girlfriend had about 4 or 5 panic attacks because of the turbulence. I explained that this is what happens when we are suppose to leave at 7:00 am on a hot summer day, but end up leaving at 11:30 because she takes her time, and we got to the worst time for flying on hot summer days.

Anyway hopefully it will be easer with the Mooney, now that I will have enough power and speed to go higher and not deal with the crap down below !!!

• Like 1

I explained that this is what happens when we are suppose to leave at 7:00 am on a hot summer day, but end up leaving at 11:30 because she takes her time, and we got to the worst time for flying on hot summer days.

Hahahaha!!!!!  Did you duck right after you said that?  

We do the same thing.......I always try to make it an early morning flight so even the takeoffs and landings are smoother.  She is well aware of the penalty for being late.   :D

BTW -- what were you doing in Philly?

We toured around the city for the day and then went to a Phillies game Saturday night.  Boss let us use her box seats.  It was awesome!  Kids got on the BIG fan screen and were going nuts.

post-7889-0-64423100-1406574631_thumb.jp

post-7889-0-65230800-1406574637_thumb.jp

For me flying is a lonely business. I don't have many friends and my wife won't go flying with me unless it's its a trip back and forth to our second home. Many of the people I ask to go flying are afraid and probably conditioned from watching too many crash movies. Yes flying can be lonely.

Nope.......My favorite gets to wear the Lightspeed.   Me.. :D

Both the kids wear the Bose and my wife is stuck with the old Lightspeed.  But she is the one always sleeping so it works out well that way.  I wear the new Lightspeed so I can bluetooth my music to me.  The kids use the intercom system to play their music.

Gosh, they're getting big, Brett. I gave up flying the family years ago, although my oldest is 14 and just started with lessons. He's hooked.

My kids have zero interest in learning anything at this point. Glad to hear there may be hope later down the road.

What's he taking the lessons in John?

It can indeed be lonely.  Lots of folks say the want to fly but seldom take up the offer.  The dog likes to fly but she conks out at cruise.  She is often helpful though, reminding me to switch tanks for instance.  :)

post-11412-0-52705800-1406601892_thumb.j

post-11412-0-15147100-1406601920_thumb.j