Mooney sold to Chinese

BillC

Reminds me of a time when I was flying a C150 from Chicago back to Tulsa, I was transiting DuPage Class D, and listening to the tower.  The tower says "gray airplane taxiing, stop and ask for permission", and tried calling him several times. Really reaching through the radio to strangle this guy.  After a while, he calls the tower. "Sorry, I just bought this Chinese warbird and am getting used to it, and all this stuff in this cockpit and the books are all in Chinese." Tower: "Call me first, this is a controlled airport. Are the radios and instruments Chinese too?"

......"Yeah"

What a laugh that was.

I really think the purchase of Mooney by Meijing is a good thing, especially if Mooney parts start flowing again. Without new parts, our fleet was destined to fade away leaving worthless corroding dinosaurs in our hangars. Accolades to Mooney for hanging on as long as they did. "Rean of reak" is a lot better than the dump heap.

I really think the purchase of Mooney by Meijing is a good thing, especially if Mooney parts start flowing again. Without new parts, our fleet was destined to fade away leaving worthless corroding dinosaurs in our hangars. Accolades to Mooney for hanging on as long as they did. "Rean of reak" is a lot better than the dump heap.

The parts shortage was over quite a while ago. Anything you may need is available now. We didn't and don't need the Chinese to keep the parts flowing.

maybe the Chinese will make split back seats available for cheaper

the type of part where MAC can make money, and the customer is happy.

in the meantime, i am not buying split seats for 8 grands.

Don't hold your breath. Go to the Mooney Worldwide Aviation website and you'll see that there is little love, or mention of us lowlifes with old airplanes. They will no doubt take your deposit on the new Mooney Jet though.

since R's and L's sound the same with an asian accent, how are we supposed to know?

Now you're confusing the Chinese with the Japanese . . . Their history is as friendly and pleasant as England and Germany, and culturally are about as similar.

I've lived and worked in the Land of the Rising Sun, but have managed to avoid the mainland; have heard little good from people I know who have been there, and news reports are never a source of anything good, positive or uplifting. In the meantime, I'm watching and waiting; there's still no official announcement from either party.

Mooney Worldwide is anticipating 2, 4 & 6-place piston and seaplanes, along with 6 & 8 place jets. Should be interesting, along with the Mooney Billionaires Club that will be in Asia only. [Guess we won't need to worry about dropping in with our piston planes and measly sub-10-digit net worths.]

Can we tell that the web sites are from the same organization that has actually purchased Mooney?

Let's continue to be nice to others...

We're going to have to drop the "C" word, if we keep it up. We'll be running out of letters way to soon.

Best regards,

-a-

Now you're confusing the Chinese with the Japanese . . . Their history is as friendly and pleasant as England and Germany, and culturally are about as similar.

I've lived and worked in the Land of the Rising Sun, but have managed to avoid the mainland; have heard little good from people I know who have been there, and news reports are never a source of anything good, positive or uplifting. In the meantime, I'm watching and waiting; there's still no official announcement from either party.

Mooney Worldwide is anticipating 2, 4 & 6-place piston and seaplanes, along with 6 & 8 place jets. Should be interesting, along with the Mooney Billionaires Club that will be in Asia only. [Guess we won't need to worry about dropping in with our piston planes and measly sub-10-digit net worths.]

I'm half Korean, so I can make asian stereotypes any way I want.   :P

Well I do like Chinese food and the Nanchung warbird is one of the coolest lowcost fighter aircraft to buy and maintain unless one has millions for a P-38 Mustang or Grumman warbird. Maybe the Chinese will have Mooney add two doors to the new planes like they should have done in the first place as only Socata, Diamond and Cirrus got it right in terms of ergonomics and passenger loading. Take the fuel efficiency of the past, add more space and two doors and Mooney can win against Cirrus.