Meet Wendy, New to Me M20C

43 minutes ago, Brian Scranton said:

NICE WORK! BEAUTIFUL BIRD. FYI, your 430 will calculate TAS for you--pretty great feature! Scroll with the big knob to the Flight Planning Page: Density Alt/TAS/Winds line--select it and enter your indicated airspeed, temp, and barometer reading...it will give you real time TAS and headwind/tailwind info. 

Yup, we discovered that on the nearly 5hr long second leg. I also used an E6B app I've got on my phone which is a little easier to put numbers into.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, klystron said:

Yup, we discovered that on the nearly 5hr long second leg. I also used an E6B app I've got on my phone which is a little easier to put numbers into.

I've got a 530, but the E6B app on the iPhone is still quicker and easier.

• Like 2

Just now, klystron said:

Don't worry, you will become a knob ninja in no time.  I can still get things done faster on the dual 430Ws in my work aircraft then I can uning the GTN650 in my F.

• Like 2

Congratulations!  Next time you speak with Tim, give him my best.  He sold me my Missile.

That is one nice looking C model with a great panel.  Enjoy your flying!  

GUMPS Downwind, GUMPS Base, GUMPS Final, Green light over the fence!  

Be ready for a go around every time so you stay ahead of the airplane.

Enjoy your bird.

-Seth

• Like 1

On 8/24/2016 at 2:23 PM, kpaul said:

Don't worry, you will become a knob ninja in no time.  I can still get things done faster on the dual 430Ws in my work aircraft then I can uning the GTN650 in my F.

Hum, my Aspen has its own OAT, IAS, heading, and track which it uses with the ground speed info from the GTN 750 to continuously display TAS as well as wind direction and strength. (But I have 2 or 3 E6-Bs somewhere in my desk.)

Managed to get some flight time in over the weekend as well as get acquainted with the local A&P. Had a couple of rivets that came loose or popped out on the belly that were quickly replaced. Also think I might have a dying taillight bulb so will look at replacing that with an LED bulb. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to replace the belly mounted strobe with wing strobes? I'd almost like to just update all the external lighting in one go. My landing light is already a Welen LED light.