Mooney down in Norfolk

par

Same pilot had another incident in a M20G back is 1994, also involving fuel starvation. http://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/brief2.aspx?ev_id=20001206X01972&ntsbno=BFO94LA149&akey=1

Unbelievable! If this event in Norfolk is fuel starvation, I can't believe a person who had two prior fuel starvation accidents would do this again.

Unbelievable! If this event in Norfolk is fuel starvation, I can't believe a person who had two prior fuel starvation accidents would do this again.

Its amazing he lived, and continues to live through multiple crashes, even though his passengers are not so lucky.

"Are you getting pushed around by the wind; I'm showing you up and down and left and right..."

"6BB What's your fuel state" "I've got about an hour"

"6BB I'm showing you way left of course..." 

"Cancel approach clearance [to another pilot]"

"6BB you're way off the localizer"

"6BB you want to attempt this approach again?" "We'll take another swing at it"

Its amazing he lived, and continues to live through multiple crashes, even though his passengers are not so lucky.

Incredible, just incredible. This following a lengthy discussion of accidents involving non-IR pilots flying in IMC intentionally.

"Are you getting pushed around by the wind; I'm showing you up and down and left and right..."

"6BB What's your fuel state" "I've got about an hour"

"6BB I'm showing you way left of course..." 

"Cancel approach clearance [to another pilot]"

"6BB you're way off the localizer"

"6BB you want to attempt this approach again?" "We'll take another swing at it"

I don't think I ever heard a controller cancel someone's approach clearance while they were "on" the approach but they were so far off of the localizer. The entire audio portion made me sick...

Ground speed of 30 knots, telling the controller his gyros were precessing too much and that the turbulence was so severe that things were flying around in the cockpit. Not a good situation at all...