Does anyone know N252TM

chrisk

Lets see location has everything to do with corrosion......The plane at Torrance sat 5 miles east of the Pacific Ocean , refresh my memory ... the prevailing winds carrying the salt air and mist come from what direction ?????  Oh yea.....the West.....    The plane at Teterboro , sat 7 miles from the bay ( Salt water as well)  I think that may have a little to do with the fact that these were the Most and second most corroded airframes.....

• Like 1

Lets see location has everything to do with corrosion......The plane at Torrance sat 5 miles east of the Pacific Ocean , refresh my memory ... the prevailing winds carrying the salt air and mist come from what direction ?????  Oh yea.....the West.....    The plane at Teterboro , sat 7 miles from the bay ( Salt water as well)  I think that may have a little to do with the fact that these were the Most and second most corroded airframes.....

Exactly what I was thinking. Torrance is even surrounded on almost 3 sides by the pacific.

With many auto mechanics now charging 80 to 120 dollars an hour it makes financial sense to keep your automobiles out of the weather as well. No matter what part of the country you live in.

80-120 an hour for an auto mechanic?! I don't know where you live.. But thank god it's no where near me... Or at least I'm not going to a dealer and driving whatever it is you're driving.... Then again, if I was paying that much for an auto mechanic I probably wouldn't care because of the boatloads of cash I'd have....and the lambo in my driveway.

I used to have a second job delivering parts to repair shops. I don't think a single one of them charged under $80/hr and most were around $95. I was actually amazed to find that most of the aviation shops around here charge less per hour than the car repair places.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, dlthig said:

Back to an old thread, she's back on the market, unless it's been for sale the whole time. I haven't paid much attention lately, $89,750.

Pretty much the whole time. I'm pretty sure I requested the logbooks at one point, about 1100 hours of the total time came in the first few years. I don't really know logbooks but something happened that looked strange. The owner completely denied it, and he seems like a nice fellow. It's at FD88 a private strip close to Port St. Lucie. It's out of annual.

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/1588380.html