AOPA Regional Fly-Ins Mooney Ambassadors

mooneygirl

• 6 months later...

June 6th, KFDK, Frederick, MD.  AOPA Regional event.  Point Person: TBD

August 22nd, KANE, Anoka County-Blaine Airport, Minneapolis, MN.  AOPA Regional event.

September 26th, KCOS, Colorado Springs Municipal.  AOPA Regional event.  Point Person: TBD

October 10th KTHA, Tullahoma, TN.  AOPA Regional event.  Point Person: Craig Steffen and Jeff Schleuter  AOPA Regional event.  

Would anyone like to run point on June 6th, August 22nd or September 26th??

The Ambassadors are an invited display group.  This is a great opportunity to talk about Mooney airplanes as well as inspire the love of flight.   Mooney Ambassador banner will be hanging and we have some goodies to hand out from Mooney International. We also have been one of the few displays to offer a children's activity.  This is a great opportunity to show off Mooney and to inspire the love of flight to students, or prospective pilots.  The point person will need help in the booth with Friday morning set up, and Saturday morning and afternoon shifts. Volunteer lunch is provided by AOPA.  Bring sunscreen, water, and wear your Mooney Ambassador gear!

Let me know if you can help. It is a fun day and opportunity be front and center for Mooney and GA.

Jolie Lucas
N6619U
N211MJ

That's great, Bob! Nice planes, coherent interview and good points. Larry's A was really nice (I have some good pictures of it), but there was a heavily modified E that we were all drooling over, too.

It was a great day in the mountains.

• Like 1

June 6th, KFDK, Frederick, MD.  AOPA Regional event.  Point Person: TBD

August 22nd, KANE, Anoka County-Blaine Airport, Minneapolis, MN.  AOPA Regional event.

September 26th, KCOS, Colorado Springs Municipal.  AOPA Regional event.  Point Person: TBD

October 10th KTHA, Tullahoma, TN.  AOPA Regional event.  Point Person: Craig Steffen and Jeff Schleuter  AOPA Regional event.  

Would anyone like to run point on June 6th, August 22nd or September 26th??

The Ambassadors are an invited display group.  This is a great opportunity to talk about Mooney airplanes as well as inspire the love of flight.   Mooney Ambassador banner will be hanging and we have some goodies to hand out from Mooney International. We also have been one of the few displays to offer a children's activity.  This is a great opportunity to show off Mooney and to inspire the love of flight to students, or prospective pilots.  The point person will need help in the booth with Friday morning set up, and Saturday morning and afternoon shifts. Volunteer lunch is provided by AOPA.  Bring sunscreen, water, and wear your Mooney Ambassador gear!

Let me know if you can help. It is a fun day and opportunity be front and center for Mooney and GA.

Jolie Lucas

N6619U

N211MJ

Jolie, we've never officially met, but I'm happy to help out on 6th June at KFDK. I'll be leaving for San Marcos this Friday, but back Wednesday, 6/3 and can be at FDK Friday and Sat. Thoughts on this?

Regards, Steve

• 10 months later...

Mooney Ambassadors at AOPA Regional May 21st in Beaufort, NC is a go. We have a point person and a secondary display plane if needed. We also have some booth volunteers. BUT if you can help in Beaufort on May 21st, Bremerton, WA August 20th, Battle Ground MI, on September 17th, or Prescott, AZ on September 1st. Please let me know! We have so much fun, and are many times the only booth with free kid's activities and have airplanes open for visitors.

Hi Jolie and Point Person

I am based in Beaufort and might be able to help some.  As a member of the local EAA and Carolina Aero Club, I am pretty heavily obligated already.  If you or others need help feel free to call me.  My cell is 919.819.34351.

Eddie

• Like 1

Hi Jolie,

The table, chairs and weights will be in my hanger (#49).  Just call me at 919.819.3451 to arrange delivery.  My hanger is serving as a meet, rest and re-cooperate spot for the Carolina Aero Club.  Mooneys are welcome too.

Eddie

• Like 1

I've always weighted down canopies with gallon jugs of water. The jugs are free when you finish your milk, and it's not hard to find water. One jug per corner will hold most canopies in any wind that you will be outside in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M20F-1968 said:

Jolie:

I may be able to come July 12 in Plymouth, MA if I can swap a work shift.  I'll keep you posted.

John Breda

Hey John, There isn't an AOPA fly-in in MA this year. Not sure how your wires got crossed.  This year is:

May 21st in Beaufort, NC

August 20th in Bremerton, WA

September 17th in Battle Creek, MI

October 1st in Prescott AZ

Last year Jeff S and I ran the SSI tent.. This year I'll help at Beaufort.  Am bringing my tent. Only staying Friday nite.

Jolie and I have traded emails so I'm on the list.. Any others coming to Beaufort sign up for an hour or 2.  It's a good rest.

Bob B will be in Texas so can't make it.

See Ya There,

BILL

IMG_1002sm.jpg

IMG_1003sm.jpg

Yes for any who can commit, please shoot me an email: MooneyAmbassadors@charter.net so I can add you to the list for the point person. 

I need a point person for Bremerton, WA in August just in case there are so Northwest Mooneys available.

Thanks to all, it will be so much fun.