Prop Strike today, October 8, 2013

Bob_Belville

Sigh, the engine to be ready for pickup @ engine shop Tuesday, Xmas Eve. 

Maybe you can get Santa to pick it up for you as a ferry-favor during his normal rounds that evening.  I understand Norad tracks his flights so maybe you should start by contacting them?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, hey, hey! Just talked to the engine shop... engine is on the test stand, looking good so far... expects to get it to the airport tomorrow! Tim says it will look like a fresh OH'd engine except for the fuel pump and servo on top. I think there's a light at the end of the tunnel! 

• Like 4

Hey, hey, hey! Just talked to the engine shop... engine is on the test stand, looking good so far... expects to get it to the airport tomorrow! Tim says it will look like a fresh OH'd engine except for the fuel pump and servo on top. I think there's a light at the end of the tunnel! 

Well, the A&P called from his truck... on his way to 6B6 with my engine! He'll start mounting baffles today and hang engine Monday. Sigh of relief.

• Like 1

I beg for pics every time we talk! I have a daughter 10 minutes away, I'm going to ask her to drop my and take some.

Here's what daughter Sharon got this afternoon. Alan is started back, adding the baffling, mounting the engine mounts... looks like he'll hang the engine and check alignment tomorrow. 

O yeah, Nancy got her new knee this morning. She was a real trooper! We were at the hospital at 5:15 A.M. and she was in recovery by 8:30. Was up and sitting in a chair this evening for a little chicken soup.. Wow.

post-8913-0-55960000-1389752682_thumb.jp

post-8913-0-04134300-1389752698_thumb.jp

post-8913-0-27228800-1389752711_thumb.jp

post-8913-0-38088100-1389752724_thumb.jp

post-8913-0-02951100-1389752738_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Test flights today by maintenance shop. I recall discussion here about maximum fuel flow on takeoff I'm recalling this 200 horsepower engine should get above 18 gallons per hour comments? Recent flights before prop strike were lower than that.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Test flights today by maintenance shop. I recall discussion here about maximum fuel flow on takeoff I'm recalling this 200 horsepower engine should get above 18 gallons per hour comments? Recent flights before prop strike were lower than that.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Bob -- I usually see 17.6 to 17.8 GPH at 400' above sea level.