Prop Strike today, October 8, 2013

Bob_Belville

When I did my break-in some years back, I kept MP/RPM above 24 squared, as full power as I could achieve, varying the RPM within this range to avoid developing any harmonic. I kept a strict diary of RPM-MP-MSL/Pressure-and time. It was broken in by 25 hours, but I kept at it until 50 hours and then put new oil in.

• Like 2

I have a JPI 930 so I have a good log of flight data. I also have a direct read out of percent horsepower at all times so I will be able to run at 75 percent and vary r. p.m. As

as needed during break in.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Bob -- based on your historical data, you should be able to look up what you were burning at full throttle before the rebuild.

Look in the Performance chart for sea level, 2700; for my 180-hp C, that's 18.2 gph.

Hum, my old Owners Manual has "cruise and range data" charts but they start @ 2500'. @ that altitude  2700RPM & 27.5" MAP which is labeled 97% BHP, fuel flow is 13.8. (The chart is for Best Power Mixture so it may not be full rich.

Hum, my old Owners Manual has "cruise and range data" charts but they start @ 2500'. @ that altitude  2700RPM & 27.5" MAP which is labeled 97% BHP, fuel flow is 13.8. (The chart is for Best Power Mixture so it may not be full rich.

Best Power in my book is 100ROP. See if there's an E manual in the download section that may have more data. My C book is there, too, from 1970. Good luck, and welcome back to flying again!!

The Bendix RSA has no fuel flow adjustment. It it's outside what's normal then check for induction leaks or the FI itself for defects.

An easy way to check for induction leaks is to tape over the air filter, and use the fitting from a compression test set to pressurize a cylinder of your choosing...just rotate the prop until that cylinder's intake valve is open, and then apply pressure.  Spray soapy water solution on every joint and look for bubbles...

• Like 1

Yep! Nothing but the best for Bob's Mooney!

Sent using Tapatalk

It only costs a little more to go First Class. (In fact when I started flying First Class on American Airlines was about $25 extra. Loved to sip Drambuie or Espresso in the lounge on an Electra almost 50 years ago. But that's a war story for another time.)