1 minute ago, Yetti said:

Might want to give a hint on where it goes on the plane.  Looks like the oil lines on the back of the engine.

Yes, that's where it is.  Here is the full figure.  The fitting is illustrated at the top left below.

image.png.acb252fcebeb9306cd60ba2b2d9116d4.png

3 minutes ago, Derrickearly said:

Yes, that's where it is.  Here is the full figure.  The fitting is illustrated at the top left below.

image.png.acb252fcebeb9306cd60ba2b2d9116d4.png

Bet a dollar it's a Lycoming part.   Look in the Lycoming manual.  Try Air Power.  If it is one of those fittings with an o ring on it,  They are used in the auto parts.  NAPA may also have it..

Edited by Yetti
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Yetti said:

Bet a dollar it's a Lycoming part.   Look in the Lycoming manual.  Try Air Power.

Great idea!  Thank you!  Unfortunately, the fitting that I'm looking for goes into where the plug (item 16) goes.

Image preview

Image preview

Edited by Derrickearly

If you call Frank Crawford at Mooney, he can look up the drawing and tell you if there is anything special about it. Mooney sometimes modifies standard AN fittings (for example to add a flow restriction for instrument connections or to make a right angle sniffle valve). I don’t see why a mod would be needed here, but the drawing will tell.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PT20J said:

If you call Frank Crawford at Mooney, he can look up the drawing and tell you if there is anything special about it. Mooney sometimes modifies standard AN fittings (for example to add a flow restriction for instrument connections or to make a right angle sniffle valve). I don’t see why a mod would be needed here, but the drawing will tell.

Great idea!  I'll give that a try.