Removal of PC Disconnect Button in 65 M20E Yoke

Echo

Mine was firm but I was always able to pull it.  If you can’t fit a small screw driver under the lip (apply tape to tip first) then my only other recommendation would be to try to use some high quality double sided tape and another object of appropriate size and shape to pull it straight out.  

I have one other idea that might be a little extreme.  

• Like 1

The o-ring gets stuck, add 1 drop of penetrating oil every few days until you can pull it out, mine was pretty crapped up and that was what worked for me. I would imagine you could damage the flange around the outside of the button fairly easy, so use minimal force and your better off prying in 2 spots 180° apart from each other 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2023 at 9:35 AM, Echo said:

Good suggestions.  Thanks.  Just wanted to make sure it was a diaphram like the '66 that did indeed pull out.

Yep, it'll come out the same way as the '66. Luckily you know how it exits - I ended up breaking mine because I was wedging against the outer sheath not realizing it was going to come out with the button. Snagged a replacement on eBay and haven't looked back. 

You'll get there.

• Like 1

That's not a momentary switch, it's a toggle action/latching switch.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

On 11/16/2023 at 2:39 PM, Dick Denenny said:

Dick, 24 volt won't work, will it?