Avionics panel screen printing vs laser etching

Marc_B

Laser etching vs Screen Print  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What looks nicer and better lasting on an Avionics Panel?

• Laser Etching
    • Screen Printing

I'm planning to upgrade my autopilot and I'm going to need to replace at least the pilot side panel.  Panel was previously done by Envision Avionics Panels in 2017, but I can get limited info from them as they only deal with certified shops.  The avionics shop where I'm getting my updates has their panels done at one of their other locations but they screen print labels. 

Trying to figure out the difference side by side in the same panel and if I should just have them use Envision again vs. complete panel redo.  Don't have Envision pricing and the cost of panel work was rolled into install costs for upgrades from shop.  Looking for a great looking panel rather than a patchwork quilt.  My guess is laser etching is easier to get aligned and less likely to peel or fade, but may be the more expensive choice?  I really like the quality of the panel I have...will I be disappointed with screen printing?

I've had five custom panels (including CB) made over 12 years, and all have been silkscreened without a single glitch - peel, or other anomaly.  A good vendor or shop will line up labels and placards for you perfectly, and would re-work (with little difficulty) anything not meeting your expectations.  Example below...IMG_3304.jpg.11036935b7b7137be9a01b121625311b.jpg