Fuel tank reseal

Lancer11A

6 hours ago, affricate said:

I bet y'all cold up in NJ!  We got those palms down in Tucson, just no H2O :o

We ain't cold down here, but given the choice, I'd rather have water . . . . This is a winter pic, it's still dark out but greening up nicely.

20180101_144952.thumb.jpg.77e9e9bd2269eca4efbc1da1795c80d9.jpg

And yes, Edison does great work.

• Like 1

Nice progress! Use a good respirator as the sealant fumes are very strong. Let it cure as long as possible. The pros say the number one reason they have to do warranty work is due to insufficient time to cure as owners rush to retrieve planes. It looks like you have it under control however remember to use a different sealant on the access panels as you may need to remove them in the future. Also don’t seal over the round weep holes on the bottom stiffeners that allow water to migrate to the sump drain. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, carusoam said:

GS above 200 is why you sail a Mooney..!  :)

Best regards,

-a-

Always lick your finger and poke it out the little window to check for headwinds.

I recently flew from Victoria Texas to orange beach Alabama in the little j model... 170gs both ways at 2:55 going and 3:00 coming back, she used 31 gallons each way. Good time of year to hunt for favorable winds.

you bravo guys are speed demons! And your burning up all the av gas lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hank said:

Florabama is a unique institution! To get around the blue law prohibiting alcohol sales on Sunday, they have a service there with a full bar . . . . . I'm not sure of the denomination.

Looked pretty lawless to me Hank... albeit I was there during the safe (g rated) part of day. They say it’s a zoo on a good night. The beaches are like sugar and the water is blue to the beach. Those milk maids!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 2/9/2021 at 9:19 PM, carusoam said:

For anyone saying all Mooneys leak...  Long bodies were a changing of the guard... when it comes to the sealing methodology...

The sealant stays in place very well too...

I want to believe that, but 3 reseal jobs in 2 years sort of take my faith away... probably the quality of the work was the issue. The second job was by the same shop. The 3rd one is a new shop - if you don't hear from me again in 12 months, you can assume things are better :)