OK, I admit I am curious. Anyone near KDPA wanna set the hook completely?

charheep

I seem to be in the minority in that I like long legs, I have a 190-200 knot plane with 130 gal available, my wife didn't like going on trips in my two J models(which I loved BTW), now she wants to fly but she wants to get to her destination as fast a practical. I like to fly, but on trips we normally fly 5-6 hours nonstop to our destination, Wilmington to New Orleans a couple times a yr. my  point is there are lots of Mooneys that can do the 1000-1200 mile trips in 5-6 hours non-stop, beats the airlines, I always bring a little John but never need it, unless of course I forget it. Charheep look strongly at the Mooneys , fun to fly, great for travel and to me quite comfy.

• Like 2

My three partners in this 231 were big guys. One was an Ohio State fullback, in his salad days. They used to all pile in with their golf clubs every winter and fly from northern Ohio to Daytone Beach. I asked where they found a Mooney-sized shoehorn, and they laughed, saying,"we aren't in it very long!"  Those tall-guy legs fit just fine, and they prearranged shoulder positions, I guess. 

Now, if you are 5'3" and pudgy, as I am, you might find the fit more of a challenge. With the seal all the way forward, it is an effort for me to flare properly, even with rudder pedal extensions.i gather this is unlikely to be a problem for you. My husband slides his seat fairly far back, all the better for en route napping, so all the shoulder space where I sit is mine. That seat position may solve the snugness situation. 

I flew a beautifully equipped C182 the other day, and nice bird, but it sure was no Mooney! 35 knots slower for an extra gallon per hour, and flew like a truck. A truck with a very high instrument panel. Nope. No sale. I remain a Mooney partisan.

• Like 2