Ahh, the American Consumer

Mcstealth

Why did the poster inject race into his comments? This is NOT about race. It is about the rule of law. We are a country of laws, aren't we?

My lessons learned:

-If you rob a store you might get shot.

-If you strike a police officer and try and take his gun you might get shot.

-If you charge a police officer you might get shot.

-If you get shot while attacking a police officer you might get shot again...and again...and again until you stop.

Pretty simple stuff.

• Like 5

My comment was made with respect to the officer having to make a split second decision while the guy is going for his weapon. There has been questions if there were other options?..My point was that in a given moment would I have done the same? Absolutely.

I'm certainly not saying that some other officer could not have done something that would have had a better outcome, but I can say I know how irrational and agitated some people can behave and how quickly things can get escalated. I've thought this over as I watched the interviews. What would I have done? I know the tools he had available. The mind set of this big guy is obvious as he has shown in the strong arm robbery stealing from the store. Let's see, any other options available as the struggle ensues....pepper spray, not hardly going work on somebody that big (I've been sprayed and have used it. I know when it will work). Maybe a baton? nope, how about my cu baton? nope. My hands are busy fighting him off and protecting my weapon side, so no reaching for a Taser or stun gun. Maybe roll your window up and call for back-up, not with his body already reaching inside in a struggling for the gun. The options and decisions were quick and few. We can all agree or agree to disagree..Not a big deal. It's really drifted off point. I almost deleted my post since I knew there would be some pro and con. One thing we all like is flying Mooney aircraft.  Let's talk airplanes, but I need a donut first for a retired obese cop..lol 

• Like 3

Seriously? The man owns fitness clubs. I was calling out his overt modesty when he said he was in "decent shape." I'm sure his physical conditioning is much more than "decent."

Ability to recognize and appreciate sarcasm develops rather late in childhood. Usually around the same age holding tea parties becomes no longer cool.

My only question about Ferguson is why do people elect to destroy their own neighborhoods? They set fire to what may have been the only drugstore in the area, a Walgreens, and the Little Caesar's Pizza joint, both establishments that provide services and employment to the community. This part of the equation always leaves me stymied, whether in Ferguson or during the LA Riots.

At least one thing that the media got wrong with coverage of the case was when it was initially reported that there was a scoffle between Brown and the officer and the only video of the officer available at the time was from a black and white surveillance video which they said showed no injuries. On Monday, clear, color photos released as part of the evidence showed facial bruises. This also happened during the George Zimmerman coverage, where it was reported that he got into a fight with Trayvon but poor surveillance video showed no injuries and thus it was said that there was no such scuffle. It wasn't until after the prosecutor released pictures of Zimmerman's scalp did we see lacerations. Maybe, just maybe, the media should wait until official photos are released before making statements based upon poor images which contain little or no detail.

All citizens of this country have the right to evaluate and question the actions of those who enforce our laws. It is not a special right reserved for former officers. There are countries where only the police can judge their own actions but this is not one.

Thank you for your service.

Although citizens in a democratic society have rights which are protected, they often times forget that they also have responsibilities.

Chief responsibility is respect the rule of law.

If they are to benefit from the protection of their rights they must bear the burden of responsibility for their society.

Democracy exists to serve the people, but its citizens must also agree to abide by the rules and obligations by which they are governed.

Everything about this case on every step of the way from the criminal behavior of Michael Brown, which ultimately was the sole cause of his death, to the riots and destruction of property has shown an utter disrespect for the rule of law.

When President Lincoln addressed the nation during his second inaugural address towards the end of the Civil War he didn't point fingers and lay blame. He made sure no one North or South would use the Civil War to bring further division to the country. He urged "...with malice toward none, with charity for all..."

Many leaders today should take lessons and learn from his wisdom.

Why did the poster inject race into his comments? This is NOT about race. It is about the rule of law. We are a country of laws, aren't we?

My lessons learned:

-If you rob a store you might get shot.

-If you strike a police officer and try and take his gun you might get shot.

-If you charge a police officer you might get shot.

-If you get shot while attacking a police officer you might get shot again...and again...and again until you stop.

Pretty simple stuff.

Precisely!

And I'm perfectly ok with that. In fact, I wouldn't have it any other way!

This particular incident is not about race and it certainly is not about a white cop killing a black teenager.

It's about black criminality where 13% of the population commits a disproportionate 8 times more violent crime than the rest of the population. 90% of blacks who are killed are killed by other blacks.

• Like 1

My only question about Ferguson is why do people elect to destroy their own neighborhoods? They set fire to what may have been the only drugstore in the area, a Walgreens, and the Little Caesar's Pizza joint, both establishments that provide services and employment to the community. This part of the equation always leaves me stymied, whether in Ferguson or during the LA.

And why was the liquor store one of the first places looted?

Social protest, or free hooch?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...