New AD on Attach Fittings-Clarification Please

That is correct. Just S/N# 761. This AD only affects 38 aircraft. I have a C model and I was worried until I found the S/N #. 

where are you seeing the S/N?  I have the email, but I'm not seeing it. thanks.

edit--nevermind, found it further into the email and in this thread.

http://mooneyspace.com/topic/12749-new-ads-came-out-guys/

I suspect the reason it may be limited to one plane is that they may have made an engineering change to that one plane in preparation for that change to be incorporated in future planes.

On my 1975 F series, serial number 1305 has changes that are not on my F model series but are on that particular plane and others in the build run afterwards.

The models that have only one model or serial number had the attach fittings replaced and the parts were sold out of the suspected batch through spare parts.

Thanks for the clarification Stacey

I hope you are reading all the suggestions here for the future of Mooney and passing them on to management.

:) 

I thought serial numbers starting in 1967  have the 2 digit number prefix and then dash followed by a 4 or 5  digit number to make up the  serial number. So in example  in the case of year  1967  67-00xxx  so serial numbers with no leading dash I would presume  the AD would effect  '63 or' 64 "E" model (761)  and '65 or '66  "C" Model (2313) just a  WAG on my part. Hope like heck  the FAA  doesn't change there minds  make addendum the to AD for all years and models. interesting no J or K Models effected.

James

'67C